Rough Country Lift--> Front End Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rmellows

Reaction score
So I installed a Rough Country 3" lift in my '03 Libby about a year ago. Of course, she's starting sag...Everytime I hit a pothole, it sounds like I'm driving the front end through the hood and I just about shit myself.

I'm a girl. I can change the oil, brake pads, hubs, etc. But I only read the instructions to the boys when they put the lift in for me.

So what the hell do I need now?!!?! I have read threads that say lift it and rancho nacho and OMEFGHIJK....Should I just replace the coils and struts?

HELP!

long_tall_texan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, As you have already read, you need to replace your RC lift with some quality coils. Best we have found is the OME 927 Front springs, 948 rear springs, and Rancho, OME, or Bilstein shocks on all 4 corners. with that setup, you will probably be the same amount lifted as you currently are. There are a few more inexpensive tricks if you want to go a little taller.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Those types of lifts will destroy the front shocks, so with sagging suspension and also the shocks destroyed you now have that problem.
The OME springs as mentioned above work great
you can get them from a variety of places like jeepinbyal, AllJs ( boulderbars.com) OK4WD, and others
cheap place for shocks is shockwarehouse
front Bilstein are F4-BE5-D916-H0
for the rear F4-BE5-6458-H7
shocks will run you about 340 with free shipping
great ride though and will last way longer than a year
My first OME / Rancho lift went 100,000 miles

rmellows

Reaction score
So do I take out the spacers that came with the lift or just replace the coils and shocks?

long_tall_texan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Absolutely take out the spacers. The OME springs are only advertised as 1.5" lift, but will actually net you about 2.5 - 3" over stock. Those spacers are what killed your shocks. Get rid of them.