Rola Roof basket

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

67Customs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The rack is 4" deep and I bought it on etrailer for 150.00

http://www.etrailer.com/pc-CCR~59504.htm

looks like they raised the price to 159.00 but anything over 150 is free shipping.

And I did cut the mopar bars, i mounted them on the inside using all thread. Real strong and sits very low.
Thanks for the link and pictures. I've been looking for a good basket.

Why did you cut them and mount them inside the rails? Just to make it lower? Would the basket still fit the cross bars if you hadn't dropped them?

You can always make your own cross bars for like 30 dollars.
Any more info on how to do this?

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
pics

You must be registered for see images

Hey Sport! How's this basket holding up? I am looking hard at getting one of these Rola baskets. I like how you mounted the crossbars on the rails.

$159 and free shipping too.:D

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Hey Sport! How's this basket holding up? I am looking hard at getting one of these Rola baskets. I like how you mounted the crossbars on the rails.

$159 and free shipping too.:D

That looks really nice....if I needed one I'd give a serious look into it.:cool:

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah I have been drooling over this for the last several months since Sport posted these pics. I like his cross rail idea too, makes it nice and stream line.

offrovering

Full Access Member
Reaction score

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quick question on that Rola basket. How does it fasten to the rails? Bolts, clamped, what?

sport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quick question on that Rola basket. How does it fasten to the rails? Bolts, clamped, what?

Rola supplied the bracket. It is a u styled clamp that you can tighten by hand, I will try and get a picture. it fit fine around the mopar rails.

4 ace's

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sport i have to ask did you remove your front bumper to mount the kc lite bar and was it alot to remove it . just got mine today and want to mount it saturday

sport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sport i have to ask did you remove your front bumper to mount the kc lite bar and was it alot to remove it . just got mine today and want to mount it saturday

You don't have to, you can drill right through the plastic bumper. I did take off the bumper because I wanted to drill into the unibody and make the lightbar more secure. The back holes on either side of the bar(for me) have the bolts threaded through the metal on the body. it was a huge pain to do it that way and I bled a little but I know it is not going anywere anytime soon.

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok on the clamps for the Rola, i found some better pictures of it on eTrailer, someone else suggested another site a while back on another thread for that same brand of roof basket. I see how it fastens now... Damn, i need another $159 in the slush fund now.

AZ-Ben

Reaction score
I just ordered one of these. Using referral code of YT09, I received 5% off and still got free shipping...

Attachments

• roof rack.jpg
    roof rack.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 14