Rod knock??? Did I buy a lemon???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just had the same issue with a '06 Chevy pickup today.Came in with a rattling noise(just like in your bid,identical),which after getting it in the shop was from the bank 2 cat.The check engine light was on with the code P0430(bank 2 cat efficiency),looked in live data and B2S1 and B2S2 where reading and switching at the same rate.$900 later there issue was resolved with a new Y-pipe with cats.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
From what I understand the cats are very expensive on the KJ, not sure exactly $ each?
What would that have cost with new sensor and having to replace a cat or both on KJ?
Aftermarket cats I suppose...OEM sensor?

GTF

Reaction score
That code is related to a bad O2 sensor - shoot, your sensor may have come apart and that's what is rattling around in the downpipe/cat!!! :smokin:

Seems like your noises and codes are all related...

Bob

You make a good point about the sensor possibly breaking off and causing the noise. I guess either way the sensor needs to be replaced. I wanted to wait to take everything all the way apart until I have the replacement parts to throw in there as I don't want to have to take it apart twice. There's not a whole lot of room to work with in there.