Rockymountain is now lifted!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been waiting a long time to be able to post this. I'm savoring every minute of it. I did my lift today!! :D

I didn't take a before shot, but I have some other pics on the site already. Anyway, I made an album and put pictures I took during the day today. I am sore and sooooooo ready for bed. I'm gonna feel it in the morning. I don't do this every day. Only once or twice in a lifetime. Thanks to this site and all the members that I've been soaking info from. I have read so much on this site that I did it all from memory. I didn't have any big problems. Just a couple little mishaps. So glad its over.
album:
http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/album.php?albumid=179

Pic
You must be registered for see images

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
17505s from longtalltexan - 140
17004s jegs -------------- 120
OME 948s and 927s------- 350
TeraFlex front bumpstops- 53.54
Pucks -------- FREE played hockey when a kid
Front coilover assembly -- 35
Pair of rear isos ---------- 28.71
Misc bolt/washers/nuts ---6.00
Alignment on Monday ---- 45.00

Approximately ----------- 778.25

I took the coilover assemblies to a shop and had them do it. 15 each plus tax. I think I listed everything. Not sure, I'm really tired.

bmrrwolfe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good!
Where are you from? I see a red/charcoal bumpered KJ with those wheels just about everyday..

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good!
Where are you from? I see a red/charcoal bumpered KJ with those wheels just about everyday..

Not Ohio. Fort wayne Indiana. I used to never see these types, but now it seems like I'm seeing more of them. Not sure how many were made, but you don't see too many. There are two that I know of here, mine and another that I pass almost everyday. Anyway. Thanks!! :D

bmrrwolfe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not Ohio. Fort wayne Indiana. I used to never see these types, but now it seems like I'm seeing more of them. Not sure how many were made, but you don't see too many. There are two that I know of here, mine and another that I pass almost everyday. Anyway. Thanks!! :D

Haha yeah its a unique color combo that's why i figured i ask.
But that is just one more lifted KJ to motivate me to get mine lifted!! I need to get some more money...

autoboy454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+1 nice looking KJ and congrats on the extra altitude. I like the different color bumper. I think it actually looks really nice!

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
Looks awesome!

Tip - hit the insides of the fenderwells with simple green, rinse, then when dry shoot the fenderwells with tire shine.

Only thing ThunderbirdJunkie will use tire shine for.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Looks awesome!

Tip - hit the insides of the fenderwells with simple green, rinse, then when dry shoot the fenderwells with tire shine.

Only thing ThunderbirdJunkie will use tire shine for.

Use a lot of paper towels too....they spread the tire shine better than a cloth...

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone! Tbj, yea I know. The whole thing is dirty really. I used to just spray bleech white in there along with the tires. I just used a tire brush to scrub it a bit. I need to detail it out now.

As for the colors, I saw it online and traveled to Toledo to get it. It really caught my eye.

Last edited:

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It really needs an alignment. Kind of squirrelly. Good thing I set one up for tomorrow. besides that, it rides like a brand new truck IMO. The way it takes bumps now reminds me of the full size truck I used to have a while back.

TigerClaws

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SWEET !! Now i know what itll look like when i get my coils !! Im getting pretyt much the same lift. And mine is also a Rocky Mountain Red ;)

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats man. It looks good.

Dave

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, my throat is a little scratchy. I'm gonna wait a little while. I'm gonna ride these out. Mid summer maybe. We'll see.

Thanks on all the compliments! :D

Latest posts

Members online