Rockymountain is now lifted!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the alignment done. Drives like a dream. The guy who did the alignment was a Jeep guy too! He did a superb job on it. :cool:

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
Got the alignment done. Drives like a dream. The guy who did the alignment was a Jeep guy too! He did a superb job on it. :cool:

Yeah, before the alignment it drives totally different doesn't it. Good thing you had a fellow Jeeper to handle it....some guys don't even want to touch a lifted vehicle...especially a lifted KJ.

Now, in about 6 months(give or take) when the springs settle in, you should get the alignment checked again. ;)

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, before the alignment it drives totally different doesn't it. Good thing you had a fellow Jeeper to handle it....some guys don't even want to touch a lifted vehicle...especially a lifted KJ.

Now, in about 6 months(give or take) when the springs settle in, you should get the alignment checked again. ;)

Yep, it wanted to go every which way but straight. I plan on getting tires this summer, so I'll probably get another alignment then too. Thanks!!

Jeepin05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha yep before mine was lifted it was throwing me around from left to right. The alignment made a world of difference :).

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After 2 week

Well, after 2 weeks the front has settled about 1/8" inch i think. The rear however still was too high for my taste. I have Boiler's plates and with 1 extra rear iso the rear was still a little higher than the back. So I tore apart the rear springs again and removed the extra isos. I drove it around for about 10 minutes and came back. The rear sits at 21.5 inches and the front is just below 22. Now it's level, the way I like it. I was getting some vibs from the drivetrain with the extra isos too. I think they are a lot less now or even gone. It seems as long as the KJ is happy, I'm happy and vice versa.

I have a question. How is the boot supposed to be installed on the rear shocks? I think one of them on mine has slipped up and is allowing water inside the boot. I heard this weird noise as I disconnected the shock like a gurgling. I messed with the boot a little bit and about 4 ounces of water or so leaked out of the bottom of the boot and onto the floor. During the past two weeks we have had a lot of rain, so I've been hitting puddles big time. Here is a pick of how I installed the zip tie around it, but I have no idea if this is right. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!!!

You must be registered for see images

autoboy454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have my boots on the same exact way, haven't really had any water problems with it...

jeeper4life

Full Access Member
Reaction score
17505s from longtalltexan - 140
17004s jegs -------------- 120
OME 948s and 927s------- 350
TeraFlex front bumpstops- 53.54
Pucks -------- FREE played hockey when a kid
Front coilover assembly -- 35
Pair of rear isos ---------- 28.71
Misc bolt/washers/nuts ---6.00
Alignment on Monday ---- 45.00

Approximately ----------- 778.25

I took the coilover assemblies to a shop and had them do it. 15 each plus tax. I think I listed everything. Not sure, I'm really tired.

Hey what shop did you take the coilovers too? I may end up going that route when it comes time for mine...

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey what shop did you take the coilovers too? I may end up going that route when it comes time for mine...

I took mine to Berger auto. Its on the corner of Rothman and St. Joe.

http://www.bergerauto.com/

I called them the day before just to make sure that they new I would be coming. I took them in on a Saturday. I went home and about 20 mins later they called me back and said they were done. Can't beat that with a stick. No bruises or head trauma is a plus too! :eek:

JeepINgeek

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
you look to be using a much larger bolt for your pucks than i was using.. im using oen about the thickness of a pencil.. hmmm maybe i need to rethink this.

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you look to be using a much larger bolt for your pucks than i was using.. im using oen about the thickness of a pencil.. hmmm maybe i need to rethink this.

Actually pencil seems good. I used a bolt and a washer. so in this picture you see the top of the bolt that has a washer under it.
You must be registered for see images

I think you'll be ok. I might still have some left over. I can bring them tomorrow if you want. I'll also bring another washer that you may or may not have thought about. edit... 2 of them (for me anyway) you can see them in the picture behind the bolt for the top of the rear shock.

Last edited:

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, front is sitting at 21.5 now. This is with Boiler's plates. Seems I'm not getting the lift that others are getting so I have plans for this weekend.
Clevis lift 3 rings
Extra rear iso going back in. Then I should sit at 22.25 or so in front and 22 in the rear. Then it will look the way I want I think. Should ride better too hopefully although I think they ride better with the factory rake in my experience.

I bought 2" locknuts. are those supposed to rest on the little stop on the shock or right up under the perch?