Rocky-Road

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
100s no wait thousands of posts on here and LOST regarding RRO.
Maybe 2% are good, 98% bad
They claim to be the experts but just copy what others do
For a while they were advertising KJ lifts as using OME etc , but in fact only the front springs and shocks were OME, rear was of their own design and cheap junk
Their prices are not any better than say JBA or AllJs etc so no real reason to ever deal with them

u2slow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered arms and a locker from them. Best prices and no fuss. I guess I'm in the 2% club.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Go to any forum , such as Toyota , Tracker, Samurai etc and you'll find numerous issues with them.
The only way they stay in business is with new people searching for parts and not knowing that there are better parts available
Their UCAs are a joke and we won't even get into their bumpstop mods for the UCAs :thumbsdown:

Thelt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
100s no wait thousands of posts on here and LOST regarding RRO.
Maybe 2% are good, 98% bad
They claim to be the experts but just copy what others do
For a while they were advertising KJ lifts as using OME etc , but in fact only the front springs and shocks were OME, rear was of their own design and cheap junk
Their prices are not any better than say JBA or AllJs etc so no real reason to ever deal with them

JBA or AllJs?

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't get past the first contact with them.
After many unanswered Emails, I tried calling them several times and got no answer.
When they did pick up the phone they acted bothered, didn't answer my questions, and generally made me feel like I was asking for a kidney.

I have to deal with jerks on a daily basis, but I'm not paying anyone for the favor.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
JBA or AllJs?

JBA= JeepinByAl lift kits starting at 650 on up, also UCAs etc
fantastic service
AllJs = they make the Frankenlift for the KJs plus other Jeep parts
also great people to deal with

u2slow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All I'm pointing out is I had two quick & easy purchases from them within the past 2 months. Nothing more.

Hows those RRO Arms and Powertrax locker treating yea?

Powertrax went into the D30A carrier just fine. The diff and arms go in as soon as the little lady gets back with the Jeep from working out of town.

Thelt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JBA= JeepinByAl lift kits starting at 650 on up, also UCAs etc
fantastic service
AllJs = they make the Frankenlift for the KJs plus other Jeep parts
also great people to deal with

Thanks I will check them out.

Thelt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe I am just dyslexic but I can't find a comparable product on either of those websites. I am interested in a kit that includes OME springs, shocks and struts. I want to upgrade my suspension and get a modest lift in the process.

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe I am just dyslexic but I can't find a comparable product on either of those websites. I am interested in a kit that includes OME springs, shocks and struts. I want to upgrade my suspension and get a modest lift in the process.

Frankenlift II ($1117)
they also have some other kits on that site that are more basic in the $700-$800 range like the Baja:

All J Products - Jeep Liberty KJ FRANKENLIFT
-----------------------------------------

The basic OME Econo lift 1.5": (about $750)

OME 1.50" lift kit KJ
------------------------------------------

If you want more lift and a kit with everything here is the Tommud's Econo 3.5" ($1355):

http://jeepinbyal.com/jeep-liberty-...r-the-kj/tommudd-s-econo-3-5-lift-kit-kj.html
------------------------------------------

The basic Ironman lift 1.5" ($711)

KJ Ironman 1.5" spring lift kit HD - Econo Lift Kits for the KJ - Liberty 2002-2007 (KJ)

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
and of course although it says 1.5 inches of lift you get over 2.25 -2.50 out of just the springs and shocks on OME etc
want more?
add a clevis lift or top plate
or both
you can go from 2.5 to 3.75 inches of lift real easy

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just depends on what you plan on running on the Jeep(I assume you are not CRD). Probably want to go with the heavy duty ones if you plan to run a front bumper like an ARB or put on a heavy duty wench or anything with significant weight.

I have the HD springs on mine and it's not that harsh at all. It's actually a pretty smooth ride. It's rougher than stock but nothing that affects anything. Granted I am running Ironman not OME so I don't know if there is a huge difference in the HD springs between the two

Thelt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do not plan to add a heavy bumper I do want to be able to use a hitch basket on the back or tow a small trailer without too much sag.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
927s / 948s
good combo, does not right harsh
we've done over 20 here with that combination and everyone loves the ride afterwards

Latest posts

Members online