Rock Krawler lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SDLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does any one have info on the 3.5 Inch X Factor System Lift Kit For 2001-07 Jeep Liberty KJ? Pros and cons? Is it a lift worth buying for a daily driver?

Last edited:

jsc7002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RUN away fast!! your best bet for a DD is OME HD coils and Ranchos in all four corners and you can buy it for about $650 shipped to your door. thats what I did and I gained 3" then with my new tires another 1"

but seriously RK is not good they didnt do enoguh research for their lift on a KJ

SDLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the input!!! I guess I'll get that idea out of my head as fast as i though of it.

SDLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not looking to spend a whole hell of alot of $$. My Lib is only 2wd. just looking to upgrade/lift, wheels/tires. etc. Lets face it i don't want it to look like my wifes ride.

MoJoe

Reaction score
I would just go with the Daystar lift. Love mine, and it does fine on and off road. Like Tony posted, $159 from JC which is where I bought mine.

SDLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought mine used from a dealer and added a extended 2 yr w. DRIVETRAIN! will the daystar cause me any grief if it's installed?

MoJoe

Reaction score
That is a trick question. The correct answer is no, but, if something fails due to the lift being installed, and the dealer can prove it, they can/might deny your warranty claim. All part of the M. Moss act. The only issue I could see if any would be ball joints... But the Daystar kit with the top spacers is a very well thought out design, and mine works well so far.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is a trick question. The correct answer is no, but, if something fails due to the lift being installed, and the dealer can prove it, they can/might deny your warranty claim. All part of the M. Moss act. The only issue I could see if any would be ball joints... But the Daystar kit with the top spacers is a very well thought out design, and mine works well so far.
That is all false,the dealer can deny your warrenty for aftermarket parts added,and the M/M act can be bypassed very easily,might want to read the warrenty manual.Though most Jeep dealers will not give you grief about a 2.5" lift,the thing that they will get you on is non-stock sized tires,and that is in the warrenty manual and no act will save you then since larger then stock tires can be the cause of all driveline problems.

MoJoe

Reaction score
Not from any exp I have had or what I have read. The only warranty portion they can deny is what is directly affected. Meaning if your power windows stop working and you have a lift installed, they CAN'T deny your windows being fix unless what you did caused them to fail. Not the the Magnuson Moss act really applies here though. It mainly deal with aftermarket companies and their warranties.

I am not saying the dealers can't work around it, but you can fight if they are not being fair with a leg to stand on.

Last edited:

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not from any exp I have had or what I have read. The only warranty portion they can deny is what is directly affected. Meaning if your power windows stop working and you have a lift installed, they CAN'T deny your windows being fix unless what you did caused them to fail. Not the the Magnuson Moss act really applies here though. It mainly deal with aftermarket companies and their warranties.

I am not saying the dealers can't work around it, but you can fight if they are not being fair with a leg to stand on.
That is true,if your power windows stop working they can'r deny that part of the warrenty,unless your VIN has been black flagged for massives mods,which can be done.I used to work at a dealership and have black flagged a VIN before,that guy had tapped into all the wiring,lifted and such so he was basically denied warrenty since the heavy mods that effected every system.

SDLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK are 245/70R/16 considerd stock for this vehicle? Or even 255's? Not going all out on this one Just looking to toughen it up a little. If so Will they fit under the 2" daystar lift?

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK are 245/70R/16 considerd stock for this vehicle? Or even 255's? Not going all out on this one Just looking to toughen it up a little. If so Will they fit under the 2" daystar lift?
Those are not "stock" sized tires.

OEM sizes offered on a KJ....

215/75R16
225/75R16
235/70R16
and some 17" size that I'm not sure of.

MoJoe

Reaction score
The 245/70 should work without issues. I am currently running a 265/70 with light trimming, but that is on an 02 pre-lowered KJ. I was running a 245/70 with no rubbing before the lift.

SDLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank for the help MoJoe. Just one more Q for you.... OME Budget lift or Daystar lift???? Which is better?

MoJoe

Reaction score
TJKJ might be able to answer this one better, I only have exp with the Daystar on a KJ and like the design very much.

SDLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ahh I see... Are you running 265/70R or th 75R's with that lift? Are you only rubbing at full lock?

MoJoe

Reaction score
265/70 BFG AT. I am running them because that is what my friend had on his stock 09 Taco TRD. He gave them to me for free with only 100 miles, so I was not going to turn that down lol. I needed new rubber. I will downsize to a 245/70 or 255/70 next year when I get a new set of MTs.

I rubbed the pinch weld slightly and a little plastic up front at full lock. Nothing that was serious. I wheeled a few times to leave marks in the wheel wells to see what was hitting and trimmed as needed but no more than I had to. Once I down size tires it will free up more space.

Latest posts

Members online