road&trail tested experiance with jba adj coils 0-4 in & upper arms

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gatortail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
before I spend 2000.00 dollars on jba upper & adj coils 0-4 inch, need some jeepsters that already have these on, to get me some pro's & con's ?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Not jeepster but I'll answer......
Pros:
*adjustability even side to side in front or if adding winch/ bumper etc
*ride and handling, rides much better than stock or Ironman/OME etc can actually feel the suspension soaking up the bumps where with others the suspension does some of the work but not all
*can be rebuilt
*can do 4 inches of lift and not have coil/ UCA contact
* more useable range in the suspension

Cons;
Haven't found any

Just for reference I ran a 927/948 combo for 100,000 miles
790/948 combo for 50,000,
Ironman for about 1500-or so
JBA coilover about 50,000 now

Last edited:

Jeeppowered

Reaction score
X2 what Tom said, plus easy install no need to compress front coils.
Think it is the best 2k I have ever spent, no off road use on them yet but did clip a serious pot hole took it with no issue, ride quality cant be beat.
A couple weeks after I had it installed wanted to bring the front up more to level it better didn't even have to take the tire off just jacked it up did a few turns of the adjustment nuts and was good to go.
Only thing I can add to what Tom said is they look good also.

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Think it is the best 2k I have ever spent, no off road use on them yet but did clip a serious pot hole took it with no issue, ride quality cant be beat.
A couple weeks after I had it installed wanted to bring the front up more to level it better didn't even have to take the tire off just jacked it up did a few turns of the adjustment nuts and was good to go.

Lets see some pics. Want to see how it looks. what rate did you go with? Did you get the fox upgrade or no?

Last edited:

Jeeppowered

Reaction score
Here ya go, didn't do the fox upgrade. next comes tires even that small lift makes the stock size look wimpy.

Attachments

• 20140728_105215.jpg
    20140728_105215.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 41
  • 20140728_105313.jpg
    20140728_105313.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 37

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I meant a picture of them installed not the jeep itself lol Curious to know how they look was all.

This is my next upgrade. I'm currently an inch lower than I want to be up front compared to the rear and I think with the winch/bumper up front this is exactly what I need to upgrade to. That way I can adjust my height up plus the improved ride.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

just installed with bumpstops still out ( easier to adjust with them out of the way)

full droop

mine up against John3:17s 3.5 inch OME lift and 245-75-16s

gatortail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when you adjusted the height, did you have to take bump stop off ? wouldn't have to do alignment again?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
when you adjusted the height, did you have to take bump stop off ? wouldn't have to do alignment again?

When you first start adjusting its more towards the top, so getting into it with the bump stop in is hard to get to it. Bumpstop just pops out so easy to do , why try and work around it????:shrug:
Sure you have to do an alignment, BUT since I had mine at over 4 inches before I installed the adjustable coilover setup I adjusted it to where I thought was close, drove for a few days, let it settle in/ fine tuned it to where I wanted it then worried about the alignment :icon_lol:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know why but I just noticed it's all one piece now with the clevis.
Clevis screw off
top mounting plate bolts on,
I had mine completely all apart before I installed it looking/ measuring etc

Jeeppowered

Reaction score
Yeah I pulled the bump stop also just forgot to mention that, putting it back in pressed it by hand till it would hold then laid a piece of 2x4 across the tired and popped right in.
Few days later went to my G/F parents her brother wanted a little more lift on their KK had the front tore apart adding a top plate and spacers, thought to myself yep I made the right choice.
Hedsic sorry about the misunderstanding on the pics I see Tom covered it.