Richmond Gear LUBE GL-6 Gear Oil 75W140

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ShafferNY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Richmond Gear LUBE GL-6 Gear Oil 75W140

Has anybody ever used this stuff? Is it any good?

When I changed the differential fluids in my '03, I used Mobil 1 @ $17/quart. Since the '06 won't be seening any off-roading or towing, I'm not going to spend that much money.

Since the D30A take the 75w140, I might as well put it in the rear axle too.

TIA

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't see why that wouldn't work. Richmond is a well known brand. I have not used it though.

I used Valvoline Syn gear oil in 75-140 for around $10 a quart. Used in both diff's just for the sake of convenience. That Mobil 1 is expensive and I am not so sure it is worth it or that much better than the other brands.

Dave

brucebotti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't see why that wouldn't work. Richmond is a well known brand. I have not used it though.

I used Valvoline Syn gear oil in 75-140 for around $10 a quart. Used in both diff's just for the sake of convenience. That Mobil 1 is expensive and I am not so sure it is worth it or that much better than the other brands.

Dave

When I was changing the differential fluids, I couldn't understand why the 75w/90 was $8.99 a quart while the 75w/140 was $16.99. It was the same at two different stores.
Bruce