Retreads?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

liberty84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got 35K miles on mine, I rotate them every 6K and they are great!!! Love them!!

TAHOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are quite a few that run them, most like them, there are a handful that say they are the worst tires they ever bought. Larrywaller on LOST just got 265/75's M/T's back in Nov, they are tuff looking. I plan on getting 285's for my Tahoe whenever my Toyos wear out.
You will get some that will give you negatives about seeing retreads on the highway. Look closely.... 98% of those are from semis, no passenger cars/Light trucks and the main reason they delaminate is running with low air pressure causing heat buildup which they then separate. If you keep them properly inflated and rotated, should never have any other issues that any new tires would have.

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Have run them for 8mos on the Libby,about 23000m,no complaints, They sent me 6 matching casings, Goodyear mt/r durawall 10ply rating. Ship quick.

offroadohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran them on my tracker, I liked them but by the time you pay shipping and mounting/balance you mayswell buy new for another $100

autoboy454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have to pay for mount/balance stuff. I have an Associates degree in Automotive Technology and get full access to the Auto shop at Vermont Technical College. I also work at a Honda Dealership in the summers so Mounting/Balancing is easy:cool:

long_tall_texan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got 35K miles on mine, I rotate them every 6K and they are great!!! Love them!!

How much tread do you have left after that many miles? And what tread and rubber compound did you get?

I also had them for a while and loved them. Only got rid of them because they were too small after my lift.

eyehatetofu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran them on my tracker, I liked them but by the time you pay shipping and mounting/balance you mayswell buy new for another $100

I don't know about that. They have the MT/R style for less than 100 bucks a piece in 245/75/16. I have been looking to replace mine and haven't found GY MT/R's for less than 185 bucks. So, 100 x 5 plus 75 bucks mounting and balancing, plus 100 shipping = 675. 185 x 5 plus = 925. Plus .085% sales tax = 1000 dollars roughly. From all the good reviews I have heard saving over 300 dollars doesn't sound like a bad idea.

If you are running some mall terrains that are cheap, than my equation may not apply.

my 2 cents.

liberty84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much tread do you have left after that many miles? And what tread and rubber compound did you get?

I also had them for a while and loved them. Only got rid of them because they were too small after my lift.

I'm about half way (can't go out and measure right now) they seem to wear pretty good, and I got the MT-R I think they are the ones with kevlar wall, not sure thou, o and they sent me 5 matching walls

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which is better?
"P" is passenger car,standard load range,weak sidewalls and mushy ride.

"C" is a LT tire,lowest load range in the LT series.

"D" has a higher load range,stiffer sidewalls,firmer ride.

"E" has a high load range,very stiff sidewalls and firm ride and are standard on 3/4-1 ton pickups.

Higher the load range usually means more plys in the tires which make them stronger and less likely to get a puncture offroad,but at the cost of being heavier.

Latest posts

Members online