Repost???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Emydol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This might be a repost...but anyway...will a EVIC out of a GC work in my 04 Libby?? What have yall had success with??

the_titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Absolutely will. That is where mine came from. I got the 04 EVIC with Homelink and TPMS from a salvage yard out of an 04 Grand Cherokee Overland. It took a lot of searching to lay my hands on one, period, especially the year, features, color and sunroof controls.

I see you're...kind of...in my neighborhood. Is Rising Sun up in the sticks past Baltimore? If you want to know where to get one, tell me what color and features you need and I can point you in the right direction. The pickings are slim here in DC simply because there are no junk yards anywhere near the city...far too urban for them.

Emydol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah im up here in the "sticks"... 8-[
I tried calling the local salvage/ junk yards up here asking for a EVIC from a libby....if i would have know about it working out of a GC i would of asked about them too... ](*,)

my interior is a tanish...grayish color...maybe taupe?? I dont need sunroof controls. just want one that will tell me temp, how much gas i have left before im sitting on the side of the road and um... i think thats it....

the_titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well that is why I am here. :) I already picked through all your junkyards up there, so good luck ;) Seriously, there are NO salvage yards in DC. There are a couple pretty far down south near Richmond that I called looking to see what vehicles they had on the lot and they were all older imports. Since I drive through Northern Maryland pretty regularly going to Philadelphia, Boston and New York on business, I also checked all the yards up there. You're not going to find anything, unfortunately. But, again, if you told me what you wanted, I could point you in the right direction or even get it for you. I can get you an EVIC from an 04 GC with homelink, but no sunroof controls in gray easily since I already talked to the guy. And it is CHEAP. I paid over 100 for mine, he wants under 50 ;) If it had Sunroof controls I would have bought it.

scoobybri

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Titan,

If the original poster does not pick up that EVIC from you (they get first dibs!) :) I'll take it off of your hands with a nice finders fee included, of course. I do not need sunroof controls or TPMS and gray is perfect. Let me know.

I am originally from MD. I moved out west back in '99, but if I remember correctly there are some decent junkyards up towards Jessup and a few out in Carroll County, by Westminster. But they are all north of Baltimore and quite a hike from DC. (especially from Alexandria!)

the_titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually, I don't know if it did have TPMS or not and don't have the part number to confirm. It very well may have it as a nice little bonus. No talking about finder's fees, though. That's what the forums are here for.

I work in downtown DC, and that is only 5 miles from Alexandria, so it isn't like Alexandria is THAT MUCH farther away. No matter what it is a good 40 miles to Baltimore to get to them, regardless of whether I come from work or home.