Replacing the stock stereo in my 06 Liberty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dan Marino

Reaction score
Hi, I just purchased a 2006 Liberty and was wondering why Best Buy says all of their car stereos wont "fit" in as a replacement to the stock one? Anyone know anything about this?

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi and welcome aboard. :)

What stock HU do you have in there now? I don't see why a regular HU and the right install adapter won't work???

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
H/U: Head Unit.
Stock Radio? You can go ahead and replace any DIN size (1DIN) radio. Forget best buy, check online at place like Crutchfield, research, and find the one you want, THEN price hunt it.. Crutchfield is generally more expensive than other places. Also check our Post your headunit pictures topic for more details.

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
HU = Head Unit

So if it is just a stock stereo, you need an adapter to fill in the different size between an aftermarket stereo and stock unit.

Here's mine

You must be registered for see images attach

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Hi, I just purchased a 2006 Liberty and was wondering why Best Buy says all of their car stereos wont "fit" in as a replacement to the stock one? Anyone know anything about this?

You used to play football?

Last edited by a moderator:

sharpy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
crutcfield may cost a littel more....but yu have 30 days to try whatever yu buy and if u dont lik eit just send it back... free!! and yu get free adapters and install harware!!

Dan Marino

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Where do you get this kind of stuff?
I want to purchase a replacement stereo and install it myself. Where would I look for an adapter and how would I know which one to get?

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Where do you get this kind of stuff?
I want to purchase a replacement stereo and install it myself. Where would I look for an adapter and how would I know which one to get?

Best Buy seems to have them....(dunno) I would go to another Best Buy and see if you geta different answer. That one in the link looks just like mine...easy install...oh and don't forget to get an antenna adapter too, cause you will need it to listen to the radio...:D I am sure Best Buy can hook you up with that too.

mikey1273

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have bought several car stereos from Crutchfield. I recomend them. yoes you can get a little better deal on the stuff elsewhere but you will need adaptors and a dash kit. Crutchfield will include that in your order at no extra cost. they offer free phone tech support for as long as you own it too. Best but will charge you for the extra parts. 17.99 for the antenna adaptor at best buy.

I even moved stuff from one car to another and they sold me the parts at cost and suported the 2nd install.