Replacing my Spacer Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LibertyFever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd like some advice on replacing my spacer lift with proper suspension components.

I have an 04 Liberty Sport (4WD) that isn't a daily driver, more of a weekend highway ride and the occassional stock +2 trails. Sometimes I also haul a 16'/5000lb floater trailer behind it. I have a 2.5" spacer lift, a full complement of skids beneath it but don't intend to add a new bumper or winch.

I'm quite happy with the improved stance of the spacer lift but the stock front struts have failed twice since the lift was installed. Maybe because I haven't yet bought extended bumpstops or maybe because the stock struts are a POS. The strut spacer fits on top of the strut.

The most popular shock/coil combination I've seen is Rancho/OME. And since I want to be able to haul a trailer I'd like HD coils. After much surfing of the web I've found the following information;

Rancho shocks OME HD coils
front - RSX17505 OME927
rear - RSX17004 OME948

I'm not positive if I'll buy these components separately of as part of a Frankenlift or a simular package.