Replacing Front LCA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I have multiple unhappy bushings so I figured maybe I'd replace the whole arms and paint them nicely. Rockauto has these SKP brand ones for $90 CAD ea. They look identical to the Moog ones in photos, and describe the bushings similarly, but I know quality can differ in bushings. I'll get my local shop to install. Doing lower balljoints and JBA UCAs at the same time. Tie-rod ends seem ok for now.

This seems very straight forward, but any tips I should know or things I could consider? nearby components? mods? alternative products? alignment plates?

Thanks!

mercdudecbr600

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes. You'll have to take the entire knuckle out to get the LCA's out and the LCA's are beastly, and you'll need to take out the entire shock/spring assembly. Basically everything minus your front axles. You might as well get new springs and shocks and if you have any desire to replace them, this is the time otherwise you have to do this over again (minus LCAs). If you think you might want to do a lift, buy the EMU lift springs (or whatever springs) because they aren't that much more expensive than stock ones. And while you're at it, replace the rotors and pads. If you want to level the front end, get a 1/2" shock spacer which goes on top of your shock/spring assembly. Oh, you'll also have to take out the front sway bar, so get new (rubber!) bushings and end links.

As far as parts are concerned: avoid anything that doesn't have a lifetime warranty. Moog and Movetech supreme are decent - you guessed it, lifetime warranties are typical. If a shop is doing it, you CAN just replace the LCA bushings which will save you a few bucks (this is what I did). If DIY, then definitely full LCA replacement.

Have you quote from a shop yet? I'll bet you're like $2k in labor alone. TBH, if you have the physical ability and time to wrench, it's not that hard to do and you could save yourself a bunch of cash. I did it by myself over a few days, though admittedly I should have paid attention to the existing alignment adjustments because things were in really bad shape on the first drive over to the alignment shop.

And yeah, when you're done with the front, might as well do the back. :) Have fun!

Heavymetalduck

Someone with a wrench and free time.
Reaction score
I'm not sure if you are lifting or not but if your not you can reuse the old lca and just press new bushings in.

Either way I would do some research and do it yourself as you'll save a lot of money. Might even find it fun like I did.

Just make sure to take pics of alignment bolts and name each pic to corresponding alignment bolts.

Please get alignment after if you diy.