Replacement Seat bottom cushions and seat cover source

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GrinderBoy

Reaction score
I've been through the dealer chain, checked eBay, I've even tried the source where I got the replacements for my Dodge Pickup and apparently there are no replacements being made for the basic cloth 2005 KJ seats and cushions. Leather seat covers are available but that is something I'd rather not do, and even then, I'd still need cushions.

Junkyards are hit and miss; damage can be hidden until you get the seat home and find it is twisted or out of square from an impact. Still, the closest large salvage yard with a fair size inventory is over 200 miles from me. I don't know that I want to spend the money to have a custom seat bottom made by an auto upholster though it seems that may be the only option.

So, anyone have a source or an idea? What may I have overlooked here?

Thanks,
David

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have the original part numbers? I've found that with those you can find unexpected things on ebay sometimes. Factory manuals linked in my signature.

CTJEEP

Reaction score
Local U-Dissambe yard always has Liberties with interiors...

Disassembly is a pia.... but starting with a passenger seat - it would be a low mileage part.

DadOSix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been through the dealer chain, checked eBay, I've even tried the source where I got the replacements for my Dodge Pickup and apparently there are no replacements being made for the basic cloth 2005 KJ seats and cushions. Leather seat covers are available but that is something I'd rather not do, and even then, I'd still need cushions.

Junkyards are hit and miss; damage can be hidden until you get the seat home and find it is twisted or out of square from an impact. Still, the closest large salvage yard with a fair size inventory is over 200 miles from me. I don't know that I want to spend the money to have a custom seat bottom made by an auto upholster though it seems that may be the only option.

Thanks,
David
Gb -

what do you need to replace on the seat? Foam, frame, cover?

car-part.com may show you smaller yards closer that 200 mi.

take a look at your build sheet (from vin decoding) and find your trim / upholstery codes.

could narrow down your search.

btw - if just covers, there is an ad for carid.com at 15% off (not eom mind you)

Boueux

Reaction score

Thanks,
David
These neoprene seat covers are said to fit Liberty’s

But I’m really writing to ask if you ever found any replacement seat foam @GrinderBoy ?

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As above I think replacing the foam is going to need a scrapyard passenger seat. Also check the frame for cracks, I've had to weld my drivers seat back on the pivot point, if you do it carefully the seat will still adjust.

Latest posts

Members online