Replacement lights for overhead light bar (& other questions)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Glen_S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been ages since I've been on this board but a quick search on this didn't bring much so:

A couple of the (4) lights on the overhead light bar on my KJ are cracked/broken. If I'm going to be replacing them I was wondering if others on the board here have found better lights than the factory (Hella's?) lights currently in the light bar.

How difficult are these to replace?

Has anyone heard of LED replacement lights that will fit the light bar?

Can these lights be aimed? I was thinking about pointing the outside two more at the shoulders of the road, since animal collisions are a big thing here, especially in the long winters.

thanks in advance..

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
been ages since i've been on this board but a quick search on this didn't bring much so:

A couple of the (4) lights on the overhead light bar on my kj are cracked/broken. If i'm going to be replacing them i was wondering if others on the board here have found better lights than the factory (hella's?) lights currently in the light bar.

How difficult are these to replace?

Not difficult

has anyone heard of led replacement lights that will fit the light bar?

None at the moment

can these lights be aimed? I was thinking about pointing the outside two more at the shoulders of the road, since animal collisions are a big thing here, especially in the long winters.

Yes they can be aimed/changed a small amount , remove cover to change them
thanks in advance..

sure