Replaced stops

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jack Bryant

Reaction score
I replaced bump stops. Right one went on easy, left one the top notches broke out when I pressed it up in the holder on my 2002 kj. Don't know if something is wrong with tabs or holder. Anyway ordered another one gonna try again.

Jack Bryant

Reaction score
I used dish washing liquid to slick them up. I moved tabs in a little thinking they might have been bent out. When I bought jeep it didn't have bump stops front or back, so I am trying to do it right.

Jack Bryant

Reaction score
I tried shovel to begin with because I Read the thread here. It didn't pop in the back. So I put back in first ,when front went on the back popped out.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
I tried shovel to begin with because I Read the thread here. It didn't pop in the back. So I put back in first ,when front went on the back popped out.
Put it in the freezer for a few hours, then quickly pop it and let it thaw.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
I will try when I get it in. Had to reorder.
Yeah! It will shrink down a bit and should help you get it seated…had to do this with the bumps on old VWs. Coincidentally, VW bus bump stops inspired the original Kong toy for dogs!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Never had an issue, start the back in, front pops in, every now and again some liquid soap or even KY was needed but should pop in without freezing them

Jack Bryant

Reaction score
Never had an issue, start the back in, front pops in, every now and again some liquid soap or even KY was needed but should pop in without freezing them
Beginning to wonder if holder tabs or holder on that side is damaged,it was as if it was too narrow. Like I said right side went in easy

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Man those things are made heavy duty, if it is bent like to see how it got that way
Unless someone was jumping it without any bumpstops in

Jack Bryant

Reaction score
Man those things are made heavy duty, if it is bent like to see how it got that way
Unless someone was jumping it without any bumpstops in
That is what I am afraid of. The tabs seem bent out more than they should be,but I don't know how much they should be sticking out

Robochop

Robochop
Reaction score
I have used a 6 foot 2x4 to put them in. Leave the tire on and use it for leverage. You can focus the 2x4 on the front or the back of the bump stop (Jounce bumper) to get the angle you need to squeeze it in. At least they are cheap on ebay!

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have used a 6 foot 2x4 to put them in. Leave the tire on and use it for leverage. You can focus the 2x4 on the front or the back of the bump stop (Jounce bumper) to get the angle you need to squeeze it in. At least they are cheap on ebay!
I would never buy a 2x4 on ebay...that's ridiculous!

Jack Bryant

Reaction score
I replaced bump stops. Right one went on easy, left one the top notches broke out when I pressed it up in the holder on my 2002 kj. Don't know if something is wrong with tabs or holder. Anyway ordered another one gonna try again.
I just tried my third bump stop and it tore up also. It's got to be the holder does anyone know how to replace the holder

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I just tried my third bump stop and it tore up also. It's got to be the holder does anyone know how to replace the holder
They are welded in, how about a picture to see what you are dealing with , something is wrong and I can not see where it would be the " holder"
Unless that thing was jumped hard out in no where land

Jack Bryant

Reaction score
They are welded in, how about a picture to see what you are dealing with , something is wrong and I can not see where it would be the " holder"
Unless that thing was jumped hard out in no where land
I don't know what is wrong the right one popped in no problem. I'm about ready to cut this thing off and weld one in

Latest posts

Members online