Replaced stops

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jack Bryant

Reaction score
Here is what I am going to do my brothers. I am going to experiment a little, I have bump stops I can't use in the way they were intended to be installed ,so I'm going to do it my way.
The first method will be to drill the stop with a small bit on both ends and if I can drill the holder also. Then I will countering the two holes to half inch or what looks good at the time. Then I will screw self tapping screws into the holder.
The other method is to drill one hole 1/4 inch in the center of the boot counter sink the hole with a large enough bit to accommodate the head of quarter inch bolt. With this method I will weld nut to the holder.
I bet you guys are going to have Gunn with this ,but this cheap project is getting expensive. If these don't work I cut the old holder off and weld new one on and throw new defective boots away. I'm not ready to waste them yet.
Can't wait for your responses. Thanks Jack