Renegade Light Bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
02LibertyLimitedChick said:
I want one! I'm on the lookout for one.....

I want one as well, but who's got the guts to drill the roof..
and does it even work with the sunroof?

02LibertyLimitedChick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hyedipin said:

I'd have someone do it for me, lol. I don't have a sunroof myself, so I don't have to worry bout all that ;-)
There's a custom Jeep shop here in Tampa that'll do it.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
only if I can find one around here who knows jeeps, all mechs up here are thieves.. anyway good luck, I am sure you will grab a good light bar pretty soon.

dnm45227

Reaction score
hyedipin said:

you can. our renegade has the lightbar and roof factory.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Krystale, just a suggestion, if you end up not finding a good deal on this, you could just buy a cross bar, or fabricate one and bolt lights on them, I was just reading someone over at lost, and also when I met catcher123, he did that to mount extra set of reverse lights as well

02LibertyLimitedChick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hyedipin said:
Krystale, just a suggestion, if you end up not finding a good deal on this, you could just buy a cross bar, or fabricate one and bolt lights on them, I was just reading someone over at lost, and also when I met catcher123, he did that to mount extra set of reverse lights as well

Really? I wonder what the cost factors are in that.... :-k I wonder if I could do it....

the_titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Buying a used lightbar is probably not going to be cost advantageous. I have never seen anyone remove it the way it is installed - preserving all the wiring - as it weaves through many parts of the vehicle. Not to mention, when someone removes the light bar, it is because the car is toast. Otherwise they would have large holes in the roof. Salvage yards do not take that kind of time and just cut the harness after a foot. You could splice in wire, but you would have to splice it into the plug it would normally just snap into as well, plus you will need to buy the part for the dash switch. I have seen them sell used for 200+, though, so if you still want to go that route, they are out there every so often. I would say save yourself the headache and get the nutzerts and everything necessary to install it, along with a complete harness and switches, and buy it new for a little more.

Everytime you think you're saving money buying a used part that is missing just a couple little pieces, it bites you in the butt. I bought new side steps for 200 (300 something retail at jparts) from my dealer because they were missing the hardware kit. Ended up taking me a lot of calls and having to special order the parts from the OEM's manufacturer in Canada. Some little company that does not deal with the public and required me to get a money order cashable in Canada and send it to them (won't take credit cards). One month turnaround for a couple special bolts that you can't get in a hardware store or from Chrysler. I would have rather bought the whole thing new for a couple bucks more and get it all in one package over chasing down parts and spending hours on the phone.

timmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the_titan said:
I bought new side steps for 200 (300 something retail at jparts) from my dealer because they were missing the hardware kit. Ended up taking me a lot of calls and having to special order the parts from the OEM's manufacturer in Canada. Some little company that does not deal with the public and required me to get a money order cashable in Canada and send it to them (won't take credit cards). One month turnaround for a couple special bolts that you can't get in a hardware store or from Chrysler. I would have rather bought the whole thing new for a couple bucks more and get it all in one package over chasing down parts and spending hours on the phone.

You finally located the hardware for your steps, I was wondering if that phone number worked.

Latest posts

Members online