removing cargo area dome light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeeptorino68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i got the lens off but i wasnt sure how to get the housing out of the headliner, didnt want to destroy anything so i thought i would ask...
i am working on putting an extra dome light over the rear seat and want to run the wires back to the cargo area light for a tie in.

thanks

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been a long while since I replaced the light...but I could have sworn the whole thing pulled out just like the front dome light. Just grab from the trim and pull hard. I'm pretty sure I took the lens off while the light was off of the vehicle. It's been over a year since I've done it though.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been a long while since I replaced the light...but I could have sworn the whole thing pulled out just like the front dome light. Just grab from the trim and pull hard. I'm pretty sure I took the lens off while the light was off of the vehicle. It's been over a year since I've done it though.

X2...

Bob

KJScott

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yep, pull hard, like you know you are going to brake it kind of hard. Not sure why they designed it like that to remain in place at a 200mph crash.