Remote keyless entry ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeepchic79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well got my build sheet today and it show`s remote keyless entry !!! So i guess that means that i can buy a new one and have it programmed ? Ugh bet thats going to cost a bit ... But it is good to have ..

jeepchic79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did that last month, cost me $216 for remote key and programming.

ooh that ***** ! Costly i called and can use used one`s on mine, So far a total cost of 90$ . Unless they try to charge me for both remotes on programming, But if i am correct i think as long as you have one you can program the other ? Dealer price was 120 $ for 1 remote .... Damn sometimes i think dodge. Would charge you if you just called to ask a question if they could !

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know you'd need two working keys on a Sentry-equipped KJ to program a third key yourself. Not sure about key fobs though. I'd search around online, see what you can find.

kbooneKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes you do need two WORKING sentry keys to program more, i found that out the hard way.... but if you have an EVIC i believe you only need one key fob to program more. correct me if im wrong cuz i will be buying another key fob soon

jeepchic79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes you do need two WORKING sentry keys to program more, i found that out the hard way.... but if you have an EVIC i believe you only need one key fob to program more. correct me if im wrong cuz i will be buying another key fob soon

Well i`ll let you know when i go to the dealer Friday ... Bet they make me pay to program 2 fobs !!

subflea

Full Access Member
Reaction score

If you have a key that has the buttons built into it you need 2 working ones to program anymore on your own. If you have a remote that is separate from the key, you only need one programmed to do more on your own.

jeepchic79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have a key that has the buttons built into it you need 2 working ones to program anymore on your own. If you have a remote that is separate from the key, you only need one programmed to do more on your own.

Mine is the separate remote so guess then ill just have to pay to get one programmed . So that will be nice .