recovery questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dr_love2112

Reaction score
if theres no one around and you dont have a winch, what would you pack for your recovery?

also let say your in a field with no trees, but you get stuck, can you use a boat anchor to have the strap anchored?

ive never had to wheel alone, but down here in the Keys no one likes to go wheeling....

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
Shovel would be good to have, a couple pieces of 2x6 bout 2 and 3 feet long, a 6x6 block a tow strap and rubber boots.

Boat anchor optional.:rolleyes:

KeswickDave

Gold Moderator
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jeep anchor?

You must be registered for see images

www.pullpal.com

But wait, a pull-pal, boat anchor, buried spare tire, whatever... it won't pull you out, you need to use a winch with them, or at least a come-along...

LibertyFever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never had to use it yet but I carry about a come-along in the back of my Libby. It's probably as fast as a Mile Marker winch :D.
You must be registered for see images

As for what to anchor it to...how about an alligator? or is it a crocodile you have in Florida? I can never remember :eek:

I doubt a boat anchor would be sufficient but the Pullpal looks like it would work.

Powerslave

Banned
Reaction score
There are also many different kinds of Boat Anchors, the one shown is a Danforth, not ideal for grabbing power in Mud or Sand. An anchor still does you no good without a way to retract it, to pull you out of your stuckness...

However, if you put an Anchor on the end of a puller or winch, then it should be a Claw, Kedge anchor...

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
ryan those are pretty cool!

Cool Eh?
I first saw those in a National Geographic Magazine from like 1926 or 1928!
So much for a "New invention"

I had a homehade set for my old 1950's Dodge Power Wagon, then later for my K-5 Blazer.

They worked once you figured them out some.
An item I would like to carry with me as a back-up in the bush.