recovery points

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sabreuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey up guys now im running out of general maintainence jobs and moving on to tinkering :) whats the consensus on recovery points ive had a google had a search on here and seems various options.

ive found the 2"shackle hitch for the towbar but seems there a lil bit like rocking horse poo to find in uk, or i just havent found them in the uk yet except through warn. any of you guys got a spare you could send to uk lol.

also the front recovery points there seems various options also. what do you guys recommend? taking front airdams out and drilling bolting recovery poitns to the front x member for shakles or drilling and fitting the hooks etc?

im not looking at putting a winch on or any form of tubular bumper but could realy do with some front recovery points so suggestions please.

the pic im attaching is what im after for the rear for now.

Attachments

• recovery_hitch_4[1].jpg
    recovery_hitch_4[1].jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 37

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The shackle is cool for the rear, since the strap won't come off but can be pain if you are stuck in water....where with a hook it slips on without stuff to unscrew.

sabreuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
heres some pics ive knicked off google to give ya some idea what im on about for the front recovery points. oh the other question is bolt on or weld on which do you guys recommend for the libby?

Attachments

• 662da99a[1] (2).jpg
    662da99a[1] (2).jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 38
  • BKT8250-300x300[1].jpg
    BKT8250-300x300[1].jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 30
  • db_file_img_578_340x255[1].jpg
    db_file_img_578_340x255[1].jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 26
  • RPPRA120%20(1)[1].jpg
    RPPRA120%20(1)[1].jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 26

sabreuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The shackle is cool for the rear, since the strap won't come off but can be pain if you are stuck in water....where with a hook it slips on without stuff to unscrew.

i see what ya mean bud but if we are honest if we are out playing in 4x4s and we get stuck half the fun is getting mudy and wet :) (i wouldnt tell the wife that)

or i would leave the strop attached and wrap it around the spare wheel carrier so i wouldnt need to be keep taking it off. its an army thing we leave ours attached for that reason.......

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I'd just use the OE hooks for the front IMO. Easy to put on and designed to work with KJ's.

I'd go shackle or hook, whatever you can find locally. Try a hardware store or an auto part store.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score

If you are using a shackle in the rear, just hook the strap up before you get into any crap and throw it under the back window.....that way you are already hooked up...........old pic

You must be registered for see images attach

For the front, the OEM tow hooks are good.

Dave

sabreuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cheers guys, ill have a dig about for the hooks then. anybody know where to get them from that will ship to the uk?

sabreuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ive seen them ill have to message them see if they ship international. i defo need them though bud gota get out n play in the mud lol

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have two sets on my work bench PM me your address I'll see if I can ship you a set. Least I can do for your service along with a thank you.

sabreuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks pork chop appreciate that. i realy gota pay something though shipping is horrendous but if you wont accept anything for them lets call it thank you beer tokens then ;) pm sent ref shipping. seriously bud i cant let ya ship them or give em to me free id feel much better paying my way. realy appreciate the offer though thanks :) :) :)

sabreuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
guys just changing the subject a little porkchop with his offer has struck a note with me. thats what makes you guys the american public a little bit different to the uk public. you guys are so patriotic and show you support to your troops and i mean TROOPS not the area of conflict ive seen videos of returning u.s troops and the airports stop cheer and clap for the retrun of your guys n gals. here is not the same we are encouraged to remove our uniforms from theatre if using civilian airports incase we offend people the british public support our troops but not in the same style as you guys i personaly think your way is better rather than our way.

behind all the crap and POLITICS we do the same fighting and dying and should be proud as the forces DO some realy good stuff just media never shows it. also we are going through a lot of troops returning and finding themselfs homless and living on streets and all sorts here at the min. what im saying is i realy do adore they way you guys are proud to be american and proud to show it regardless my opinion is us limeys are to pc (politicaly correct) and as patriotic as a kick in the ass :( and realy need to be a bit more vocal with everything and not just sit back and winge and then winge some more. not a rant but a little vocal keep it up guys your troops need your support.

(flagusa)

Cherrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad you posted that up. I was unaware of your custom. I'm not PC and proud of it.

sabreuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its not realy a custom bud more like government brainwashing its not good times when you end up the minority in your own country and cant say anything to anybody incase you offend them. and thats just they way the british are take it on the chin winge about it behind closed doors and get on with it. i only wish the uk was more like the u.s and people stand up and be proud again but i think them days are long gone :(

recently we had a group of lets say religous fanatics that thought it was a good idea to burn a poppy on rememberence day along with other things and they got away with it then im sure it was a 15 or 16 year old girl burnt a quran and the video was on youtube before it got banned got arressted and ended up in a young offenders institute i dont get how this was any more wrong than the other considering what rememberence day is for and what poppys represent.

me i personaly have no issue with any colour race or creed so long as who ever doesnt try and force there views or beliefs on to me i believe in what i believe in and that doesnt or shouldnt afffect anybody elses beliefs or lifestyle.

i suppose its a start for new world order for the conspiracy theriosts among you lol.

im not going to get on a rant about it but it does my head in. think we should take a leaf out of your books and be proud like i said.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
guys just changing the subject a little porkchop with his offer has struck a note with me. thats what makes you guys the american public a little bit different to the uk public. you guys are so patriotic and show you support to your troops and i mean TROOPS not the area of conflict ive seen videos of returning u.s troops and the airports stop cheer and clap for the retrun of your guys n gals. here is not the same we are encouraged to remove our uniforms from theatre if using civilian airports incase we offend people the british public support our troops but not in the same style as you guys i personaly think your way is better rather than our way.

behind all the crap and POLITICS we do the same fighting and dying and should be proud as the forces DO some realy good stuff just media never shows it. also we are going through a lot of troops returning and finding themselfs homless and living on streets and all sorts here at the min. what im saying is i realy do adore they way you guys are proud to be american and proud to show it regardless my opinion is us limeys are to pc (politicaly correct) and as patriotic as a kick in the ass :( and realy need to be a bit more vocal with everything and not just sit back and winge and then winge some more. not a rant but a little vocal keep it up guys your troops need your support.

(flagusa)
I respect British Solders,made some good friends with some when I was in afghanistan but the Aussies have some hot women soldersleghump.gif

sabreuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
agreed on the aussie women ours are ok but i have to say that bless them ;) you guys got some hot chicks its just our accent makes them weak at the knees as they cant resist the british charm lol

Latest posts

Members online