Recommended fuel pump replacement?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

808inthe949

Reaction score
Anyone have success replacing their fuel pump/sender unit with one from RockAuto? I think I need a new one but I dont want to be dropping the tank every year or so to replace it if the aftermarket options are junk. There are 5 daily driver options and one premium one from Delphi.

adamkrz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always try to go OEM or made in USA - Never anything Dorman, what year is your liberty?

Last edited:

808inthe949

Reaction score
I avoid doorman like the plaque. RockAuto has a few options and only one complete assembled unit. Amazon has one or two but I'm never too sure about those brands.
05 KJ 3.7 4x4

runfor5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
‘04 Liberty here. Honestly I bought the expensive Delphi one off RockAuto and within a week the fuel line (made out of plastic) blew a gaping hole in itself. Had to drop tank again and this time used a much cheaper Carquest one from Advance Auto and has worked fine since (knock on wood lol). This was back in summer 2019.

808inthe949

Reaction score
‘04 Liberty here. Honestly I bought the expensive Delphi one off RockAuto and within a week the fuel line (made out of plastic) blew a gaping hole in itself. Had to drop tank again and this time used a much cheaper Carquest one from Advance Auto and has worked fine since (knock on wood lol). This was back in summer 2019.
Wow sir a carquest one! Glad it's working for you. I read a post from a member about using the complete assembly from Amazon. He had an issue with the first one he was sent but the second one they sent him to replace the faulty first one, has worked great for the last year. I'll post after I drop my tank and swap it out. I'm building a bumper ATM then I have some other parts to swap out.

808inthe949

Reaction score
Delco was my first choice. Will be going that route if this one doesn't pan out

runfor5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow sir a carquest one! Glad it's working for you. I read a post from a member about using the complete assembly from Amazon. He had an issue with the first one he was sent but the second one they sent him to replace the faulty first one, has worked great for the last year. I'll post after I drop my tank and swap it out. I'm building a bumper ATM then I have some other parts to swap out.
Haha it’s a shame multiple people have to go through 2+ pumps just to get one that works.
Also FYI not sure what year you have, but my ‘04 (and an ‘03 I’ve seen in junkyard) has an “upper assembly” in the tank at the top; e.g. what you see at first when you drop the tank. The fuel pump you’re buying and what we’re talking about here is the in-fuel-tank unit that connects to the upper assembly. Be SUPER careful with the upper assembly (entirely plastic and what all hoses connect to) as it’s no longer made by Chrysler nor aftermarket. And an ‘03 was a different style from an ‘04 - hoses wouldn’t connect when I tried, as I was just trying to store a backup for future.