Recommendations For Upgrading My Stereo-KJ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I wondered where you had gone and now I know - you've been sitting in your Jeep all day listening to the new stereo. (band2)

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
That is mostly correct...and when I went for dinner another Jeep pulled up as he could hear the stereo from the other side of the parking lot....as I had the windows down & hatch glass up, to stop it from vibrating...he wanted to see WTF I had installed..as it sounded good & bit loud....His main comment was, I need to ditch my Jeep Radio- Real Soon!! ..I think I may have another install to do...LOL...

the_dealer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just in case anyone needs it, I have an extra dash kit, antenna adapter,and harness. Free to To a good home, just pay shipping

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

dgtucker

Reaction score
Pioneer Head Unit Rocks!

The worst part was getting the blue tooth microphone wires run...

I'm in the middle of installing a Pioneer in the same family as yours, but my USB jack is in the back so I'm having to run cable to an alternate location. I like the mic placement... do you have any tips on getting that routed?

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
I have noticed with my Mic placement that I wish I had mounted it closer to the driver position. It works but I think it would be clearer if it was somewhere closer to the steering wheel.
If u want my position of mic in headliner, the drivers A pillar plastic has the be removed etc...

Last edited:

Harri

Reaction score
I will be getting my wife's jeep in a couple of months and would like to get a new radio. Her CD player is jammed. I don't want anything hi tech. I want a multi CD player with an mp 3 adapter to plug in my iphone. That is all.
What is this single and double din you guys are talking about? I assume it has something to do with the installation?
Thanks

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's the size of the stereo that would be compatible for the dash. So if your vehicle is compatible with a 1.5 din you would want a 1.5 din stereo. Or you can get a single din with an install kit to make it fit.. or if you go with a double din you would need to modify to make the larger one fit.

Harri

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. That is sort of what I was thinking nut I had never heard of those terms.