recommend car wax?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LibertyOrDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, this wax ***** a$$.

It's official, this is the crappiest wax I have ever used. After just one week and a few downpours this worthless wax has disappeared. In it's departure it left white residue anywhere it touched the plastic pieces. I had to use the Back to Black crap just to fix it. Guess I will be heading back to Wal-Mart to get some real wax and some painters tape.

offrovering

Full Access Member
Reaction score
almost all waxes do that.

tape your black plastic off with painters tape, or just use peanut butter and let that do the trick for you.

I have tried products to bring black plastic back to life, like mothers back to black, and personally don't feel it is worth the cost. The stuff makes the plastic worse in the long run, which results in always needing more and more :(

:D

offrovering

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think this time I'll listen and get some of that standard no gimmick paste wax.
it is more work, but you will thank yourself. it goes on much thicker, sets much better, and lasts.

plus when you take your time you will avoid all the white plastic crap, it happens to everyone though. there is just a lot of plastic to avoid

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If youre looking for a good wax Meguiars #26 is a great 'pure' wax. Buy pure I mean the finish needs to be in good shape before you apply it.

This means its best to:

-Clay the paint
-Clean the paint with a chemical cleaner such as Meguiars DC#1
-Polishing the paint with something like Meguiars DC#2
-Then use #26

#26 is one of the best waxes around but make sure you understand its not made to just throw on the paint. Prep goes along way when it comes to the finished product.

LibertyOrDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If youre looking for a good wax Meguiars #26 is a great 'pure' wax. Buy pure I mean the finish needs to be in good shape before you apply it.

This means its best to:

-Clay the paint
-Clean the paint with a chemical cleaner such as Meguiars DC#1
-Polishing the paint with something like Meguiars DC#2
-Then use #26

#26 is one of the best waxes around but make sure you understand its not made to just throw on the paint. Prep goes along way when it comes to the finished product.

I am gonna get the Meguiars Clay Bar kit with the Cleaner Wax tomorrow. Hopefully it lasts longer than the TurtleWax. Might get the NXT paste for the wax job next week if needed.

t2raz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got the Meguiars Clay Bar kit with the Cleaner Wax getting ready for an earlier start tomorrow. Its gonna be a long day.

t2raz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tell me about it. It took forever (ok so about 2 hours not including the washing) and I didn't even get to the roof.

My record was 4 hrs just cleaning and it was cold that time. After that it was the best sleep ever. My purpose of buying the clay is for the roof its really in bad shape lots of stains. Got neglected over the years perhaps. I will put the clay bar to the test.

How was your claying btw? did you get good results ?? any pics?/?

JIMMY JEEP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dunno if you guys can get Auto glym over there but they have a new wax that comes in a pot with two applicators and a polishing cloth in the kit and its fantastic stuff ,not used it on mine yet as im booked into body shop after some berk reversed into me but m8's have used it on two m3's and an audi and it gives a fantastic deep shine and water beads for weeks even after plenty of washes.

Donnie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Migliore Fine Wax

www.migliorewax.com

You must be registered for see images attach

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That looks spectacular Donnie. Very wet looking. Plus, the debadged look without the roof rack and the lift looks just plain mean.

bmanice

Reaction score
p21s is the nicest wax ive used... jesus, i sound like a promoter... lol

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm assuming a cleaner wax removes clear coat, right??? And after using it, say every 6 months for a few years, you won't have much of a clear coat left, right???

Thanks. :)

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm assuming a cleaner wax removes clear coat, right??? And after using it, say every 6 months for a few years, you won't have much of a clear coat left, right???

Thanks. :)

What cleaner wax are we talking about? If it is "Ice" type stuff, I'm inclined to say it is not harsh enough to even touch clear coat if applied correctly, but I want to be sure we are talking the same thing.....