Receiver Hitch Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gunflint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The receiver location on my KJ is lower than the vehicle that I usually tow my boat with. 95% of my towing will be a 16 foot boat with a standard bunk trailer. What type of hitch is recommended for level towing? a 2 inch drop, straight out or one that rises? Thanks.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Depending on the height of your trailer and your receiver , whichever one that will level it out will work best. You can also reverse the 2" drop so that it is a 2' rise also but you need to clear the rear mounted spare so that the trailer coupler will will be able to be locked and unlocked. I have different trailers and different hitch bars. A long straight one and one with a 2" drop. I went to an RV place and tried one with a long bar to be sure it would clear the bottom of the spare tire before I bought it. It works fine for my application.

Hope this helps.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since i have a 2" lift, Ive got to use a 2" drop to get our boat to sit level.. So i guess you may need a straight receiver?

tgh117

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not sure if they sell a 2" straigh reciver, but on my non lifted liberty, I use a 3/4" drop and every different trailer I towed so far seems to be almost exactly level. If you go with that, you should be fine.

Latest posts

Members online