Reasons KJ is better than the TJ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeepmed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1st This is all in fun. For your TJ, YJ, CJ Buddies.

1. I dont have to take out the Back seat.

2. I'll tow it for you.

3. Yes I can carry a cooler behind the back seat.

4. No that branch didn't rip my top.

5. No I never have left my top at home. ( Said as the first rain from
arrives.)

Please feel free to add more.

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My ears only ring after a two hour drive from the stereo and not from the wind noise from the top \:D/

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not only can I carry your stuff, I got room for you and your friends too \:D/

jeepmed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No I dont have a French transmission. Sorry if you do.
I dont know why the throw out bearing is inside the bell housing.
Try not to break the bolts as you overtighten them. Most of the exhaust manifolds crack or warp.
1 more. Those zippers are a pain in the --- when its cold. I hate shrinkage. \:D/

jackie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it can fit a dog AND camping gear AND passengers....

bigger is always better \:D/

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yoda13 said:
My ears only ring after a two hour drive from the stereo and not from the wind noise from the top \:D/

Yoda, thanks for the comments (in the other post). I have a 4x4 park near me, and if I had the time on the weekends, that is what I would want at TJ for, and I could keep my current daily driver (a Honda). I would be able to use a CRD as a daily driver, which would be nice. My other idea is to get an RX-8 as weekend car, but then again I would need to keep the Honda for snow and salt covered roads. Too many auto choices these days! :-k

Tokyojoe1965

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is one thing better than being able to store a lot of beer (sometimes....well, more often than not), and that is there's room to do the dirty deed with your ol' lady or your mistress/gf on the fly. There is an advantage to those rear seats not folding all the way down and having a little bounce to them. LOL!

So I don't skip the ladies on here........room for you and your ol' man or Sugar Daddy/bf.

:downtown:

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
grogiefrog said:
yoda13 said:

Yoda, thanks for the comments (in the other post). I have a 4x4 park near me, and if I had the time on the weekends, that is what I would want at TJ for, and I could keep my current daily driver (a Honda). I would be able to use a CRD as a daily driver, which would be nice. My other idea is to get an RX-8 as weekend car, but then again I would need to keep the Honda for snow and salt covered roads. Too many auto choices these days! :-k

you are welcome, just wanted to share my opinions and experiences with you. I don't think you can go wrong, as long as you know what you are getting into. \:D/

jeepmed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yoda13 said:
grogiefrog said:
yoda13 said:

you are welcome, just wanted to share my opinions and experiences with you. I don't think you can go wrong, as long as you know what you are getting into. \:D/
1 more reason.
I only need 1 vehicle for work and play. =D>

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jeepmed said:

Different vehicles have different uses. I do miss having a sports car for those twisty paved country roads on a Saturday afternoon. But for me such as car would be a weekend toy as probably a TJ would be.

What really impresses me about the KJ (and why I could see adding a CRD to the family) is at how well it does on a verity of road conditions.

1) Interstate. It has a very comfortable and quite ride, with a great view. Good pickup and go. With leather seats, feels like a luxury vehicle going down the road. My EVIC has even read up to 24.1 mpg (but that's only been on one road trip so far).
2) Dirt roads. Kick on the four-wheel full-time and again it rides great and sticks like glue. Has plenty of power for hills.
3) Trails. Even the stock KJ handles ruts, mud, and water just fine. It has those Jeep capabilities for where I wouldn't take a stock SUV.
4) Snow. A foot of snow is not an issue. Add in ABS and have more fun!
5) Twisty country roads. Does fine, has good pick up in the corners. It's not a sports car, but certainly is a pleasant drive to just take your time. I did have a sports car start to tail me one Saturday afternoon so I just pulled over and let him go.

jeepmed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
grogiefrog said:
jeepmed said:

Different vehicles have different uses. I do miss having a sports car for those twisty paved country roads on a Saturday afternoon. But for me such as car would be a weekend toy as probably a TJ would be.

What really impresses me about the KJ (and why I could see adding a CRD to the family) is at how well it does on a verity of road conditions.

1) Interstate. It has a very comfortable and quite ride, with a great view. Good pickup and go. With leather seats, feels like a luxury vehicle going down the road. My EVIC has even read up to 24.1 mpg (but that's only been on one road trip so far).
2) Dirt roads. Kick on the four-wheel full-time and again it rides great and sticks like glue. Has plenty of power for hills.
3) Trails. Even the stock KJ handles ruts, mud, and water just fine. It has those Jeep capabilities for where I wouldn't take a stock SUV.
4) Snow. A foot of snow is not an issue. Add in ABS and have more fun!
5) Twisty country roads. Does fine, has good pick up in the corners. It's not a sports car, but certainly is a pleasant drive to just take your time. I did have a sports car start to tail me one Saturday afternoon so I just pulled over and let him go.
Thats right the KJ is a great General Purpose Vehicle. Or its that "GP". Well I've heard that before.

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah, the KJ is really a great vehicle. I am really pleased with mine. \:D/