Rear Wiper will not move with wiper arm on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed my rear wiper stopped working several months ago. Over time I've been following the manual to troubleshoot it.....with no luck.

Today I was at you-pull yard getting a part for my BMW. I saw a Liberty in very good condition and pulled the wiper motor.

When I connected the harness and closed the window.....the replacement motor ran as designed!

However when I finished installation, and attached my wiper arm, it would not run. When I take the wiper arm off, it runs. Loosening the 13mm gets it to operate but it needs to be so loose, the arm often slips on the drive shaft.

Any insight would be appreciated.

stn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry all,

After a nights sleep to clear my mind, I realized I just needed to pay attention to the installation step one:

"The rear wiper arm must be indexed to the outboard motor output shaft with the rear motor in the parked position."

Moral or the story, as my dad tried to teach me ....."don't rush and get ahead of yourself"

stn

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad you got it sorted out.

Dave

stn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks!

Actually as it turned out there is a small triangle on back of the rest that is on the wiper arm. The correct "installation position" is to place that triangle on top of outside "curl up" of rubber rest that is attached to the body.

It works perfectly now! It does seem like the design is a bit sensitive though.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.