Rear upper control work (jeep kj 05)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Danihound

Reaction score
Hi guys, greetings. (sorry if my English is not that good I'm not from the USA).

Last week I noticed a metal sound in the back part of my jeep, it was a clunking sound (and it made the jeep vibrate) didn't feel safe, so I remember I once had the same problem and it was the Rear control arm, so I checked it and it was busted the bushing was bad and the ball joint was destroyed, so I took it to change it, but the mechanics told me it would be cheaper to change the bushings and ball joint without changing the whole control arm, so I accepted their recommendation, everything was fine, the BJ is mopar same with the bushings, it ran fine for one day, and then the ball joint got lose it didn't break or anything just got out of the control arm, took it back to the place since it had warranty and they told me that the space where the ball joint goes is wider than normal so the Ball joint got loose, they told me they could weld it and it would be fine, so I said yes do it, and they did it, so far it has been working good but I'm going to be honest here I don't really trust the work I mean it shouldn't need to be weld right?, I did notice a metal sound (like an small explosion) when going at high speed but only once and I don't know if its that or a small hole in the exhaust pipe ( I got this jeep from a brother and Im "repairing it"), but I can go past obstacles and bumps and bad road and it doesn't sound, I can shake the jeep and it doesn't sound either.

so I'm going to share some pictures of the job they did to see your guy's opinion and also I would like to know should I just change the control arm for another? the whole piece or do the 4 link job? I don't want to be changing this part every year hahaha.

Attachments

• 20220415_161347.jpg
    20220415_161347.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 37
  • 20220415_161643.jpg
    20220415_161643.jpg
    228.3 KB · Views: 37
  • 20220415_161614.jpg
    20220415_161614.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 36
  • 20220415_161636.jpg
    20220415_161636.jpg
    208.8 KB · Views: 36

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Hopefully you bought a good one
the cheaper ones are just a waste of time
they last just a bit longer than the time it takes to install them
4 link conversion ?

Danihound

Reaction score
Hopefully you bought a good one
the cheaper ones are just a waste of time
they last just a bit longer than the time it takes to install them
4 link conversion ?
I have seen a mod that change the boomerang for some control arms and parts and there's also a modified 3 link too.

But I don't know if those are good or worse

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Same basic setup in a way
Just using a tri link from a Grand Cherokee plus lower arms as well
Mush better than factory stuff
I run what ( bolt on adjustable UCA ) JeepinByAl used to build on two of mine with core 4x4 lowers
I wouldn't call them a 3 link though much different

Danihound

Reaction score
Same basic setup in a way
Just using a tri link from a Grand Cherokee plus lower arms as well
Mush better than factory stuff
I run what ( bolt on adjustable UCA ) JeepinByAl used to build on two of mine with core 4x4 lowers
I wouldn't call them a 3 link though much different
Year of the grand Cherokee to search for that part

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.