Rear shock mounts cracked...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CCKJ03

Reaction score
I had squeaking noise was coming from the rear suspension. As I was looking into it, I noticed the right rear shock mount had a crack in the back out corner. Looked at the right side and it had a crack developing. Has anyone experienced this? Moreover, if so what should I do to prevent/ fix this problem?

valvestem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CCKJ03 said:
I had squeaking noise was coming from the rear suspension. As I was looking into it, I noticed the right rear shock mount had a crack in the back out corner. Looked at the right side and it had a crack developing. Has anyone experienced this? Moreover, if so what should I do to prevent/ fix this problem?

Is it possible to weld in the crack?

CCKJ03

Reaction score
Stopped in to a body shop. They told me the same thing; should be able to sand it down and weld it up. They told me that it should not be to exspensive either...under $500 for both for sure. They would have to take a good look at they said to make sure.

KJ04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check with friends, neighbors or acqaintances that weld. Body shops are gonna ream you.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CCKJ03 said:
Stopped in to a body shop. They told me the same thing; should be able to sand it down and weld it up. They told me that it should not be to exspensive either...under $500 for both for sure. They would have to take a good look at they said to make sure.
WOW, $500! I'd be looking for a different place to have it done.Something as small as the shock mount,even with removing the shocks I'd say a max of $80-$100,anymore and your plain getting ripped big time.

CCKJ03

Reaction score
I talked to another place and the guy told me $150 $200 Max for both sides depending on what else he finds when he takes the fenderwell out.

Has anyone else had to get there shock mounts repaired/welded?

How did it happen?

How did the repair come out?