Rear Seat Entertainment (Monitors)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChappyEight

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I recently purchased (and will be installing tomorrow) a new head unit for my wife's `06 Liberty Sport that includes DVD playback. She'd like me to also purchase and install a monitor or two for the kids to watch in the back.

I'm OCD about my installs and want it to be as clean as possible. Therefore, I've been looking at purchasing head rest monitors. The problem is that she has one-piece seats (i.e., no head rest to replace). That said, I've done some digging and it would appear I can install them into the backs of the seats by cutting into the fabric and installing the monitor frame.

Has anyone done this to their Liberty yet? I'd hate to cut the fabric and then royally screw it up.

The other option is to go with a ceiling mount unit which I'm thinking would likely be an easier installation but I'm not sure the viewing angle would be that great for a kid on each side of the back seat (she has a sunroof that it would have to go behind).

Thanks and hopefully you all have some advice for me.

twack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what i did when i got a dvd head unit was i got one screen mounted in the back by the rear window controls. had no complaints from viewers. ill try and find a pic

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
we just got a 2-screen kit that uses straps to hold the screen onto any headrest. it's obviously not the cleanest thing when installed but it works well, we can move it easily between cars (we have a few...), and it was cheap at $100.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.