Rear Passenger Window

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J2.actual

Reaction score
Drove into work this morning and cracked my windows because it gets hot as hell here in Phoenix.

Went a little too far down on my rear pass window and it decided not to go back up.

No sound, I tried using the rear switch, nothing.

It goes down still. Electrical problem?

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Either the motor or the bracket piece that is attached to the window is broken. Pop the panel off and take a gander in there.

Rsb563

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to crummy KJ window parts. I've already replaced both of my passenger side window regulars. Not hard to do.

J2.actual

Reaction score
Either the motor or the bracket piece that is attached to the window is broken. Pop the panel off and take a gander in there.

I don't understand how it could be the motor if it still is able to go down..

And if it was the bracket, which I've been reading about, then it would of fallen complete off its hinges.

Either way, I will look at it tonight.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pull the door panel and have a look. If the regulator and track look ok then I'd check the motor next by putting 12 volts to the motor. Should change directions by swapping polarity. My 11 Avenger did the same thing on the front passenger side. It was over the winter and out of town with my daughter so the shop jumped the motor to get it shut and then disconnected the motor connector. It was disconnected for months. Turned out to be a bad switch on the drivers side but the passenger side switch wouldn't work either. After I changed the driver side switch last week they both worked. I have no explanation for that.

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't understand how it could be the motor if it still is able to go down..

And if it was the bracket, which I've been reading about, then it would of fallen complete off its hinges.

Either way, I will look at it tonight.

I didn't see the part where you said it was still able to go down. The bracket piece that holds onto the window itself is typically what breaks on the KJ because it is a plastic piece. Most just replace it with a quality metal piece so you don't have to worry about that part breaking again. I did this on my passenger rear window already. I await the other 3 to break then I'll upgrade them as well.

2023matt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same thing happened to me. Turned out to be the motor and ended up getting an entire new motor and installing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.