Rear gate rattling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

_UnLiMiTeD_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well out of knowhwere, yesterday i started noticing this rattling coming from the rear gate whenever i turn or go over small bumps or imperfections on the road. It is a very annoying rattle, i was wondering if anyone has ever had this issue before. Luckily for me it goes into the dealership tonight.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is an adjustment where the gate closes. Two bolts loosens it.

Are you taking it to the dealership just for that or is something else going on?

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someone had a post where it was a brace inside the tailgate. He welded it up and cured it. It was posted within the past 3 months.

_UnLiMiTeD_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is an adjustment where the gate closes. Two bolts loosens it.

Are you taking it to the dealership just for that or is something else going on?

no i was originally taking it there to fix the grill, because there is a clip busted on it so it rattles around, and then this occured last night so i am going to have them fix that too while its there

qbracken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep us posted as to what they find; I have a rattle back there somewhere too that I can't pin down..

sevenhelmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My rear seat has this rattle/squeak that it does sometimes if it isn't latched completely up. Make sure it's not one of your rear fold-down seats before you go welding bits together in your tailgate.

_UnLiMiTeD_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they ordered a new clip and apparently there is supposed to be some foam in between there that they did not see so they put some of that in also. For the rear tailgate, they adjusted the latch assembly and that fixed it. Boy did that tighten it, takes a few tries to get the door open right now lol