Rear Gate Acutator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Daveos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Need A Rear Gate Acutator!

My rear gate lock has never worked and the dash has displayed "gate" since I got my Liberty.

Anyone know where I could get a new rear swing gate actuator for this thing other than the dealership?

David

Last edited:

richar43

Full Access Member
Reaction score
try taking the rear cover off, and cleaning the switch area with a cleaner, you could use WD40 or brake cleaner to clean up the contacts.

Daveos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
try taking the rear cover off, and cleaning the switch area with a cleaner, you could use WD40 or brake cleaner to clean up the contacts.

I have actually completely disassembled it, cleaned it, and rebuilt it. No idea what is wrong. There is a little push switch inside of it that gets pressed by one of the rotating lockers when you shut the door. I have verified it works find. Checked all the wires ect. Can't figure out why, 1. It wont respond at all and 2. it keeps throwing the "gate" error on my odometer.

Figure I might as well replace it to see if a new one will work. If it is not bad, I have no idea what would cause it to malfunction.

Daveos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the rear latch / actuator is any different from the other doors? I am looking at pictures and they all look like the same part?