Rear End Collisions Fires-Any stronger bumpers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow Tj must be in a bad mood or something.
No no bad mood just noting that you posted,and argued, about 2 non-issues to be concerned with about a KJ in the last few days.

So if anyone could provide me with a link that would offer some additional protection as a rear bumper guard, or a reasonably priced replacement bumper would be gratefully appreciate
There is not much out there for rear bumbers besides the RockLizard's rear bumber right now.Soon we will be offering a "light duty" version for a cheaper price which is made out of 1/8" steal instead of 3/16" and will not have the option for carriers or the intergrated hitch.Looking at about the ballpark of about $650-$700 for the light duty bumber.

Sorry there's no cheap stuff(as we only make high end stuff made to take abuse) and the cheap stuff(like the front guard you have) will actually cause more damage then not having it on at all.

Khaki-KJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you are a little too paranoid about getting rear ended! I can understand though as I live in Richmond, B.C., and I too have been smoked a few times by those excellent drivers from the Far East.

Try driving in Abbotsford, land of left turns from the right hand lane. Or my personal favorite, the right hand turn from the left turn lane on the red light. :eek:

In Richmond or Surrey you could buy a driver's license, in Abbotsford they actually had to pass a drivers test.

welby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In April I was rear ended by a Taurus wagon doing 60 mph, I was at a dead stop. The impact lifted my Jeep into the air and send it spinning about 300 degrees and into the ditch.

There was no explosion, no flames, and the gas tank wasn't even ruptured. I atribute some of this the my Draw-Tite hitch receiver. I don't know if they're making those things out of pure Dolomite but it still looked new afterwards.

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In April I was rear ended by a Taurus wagon doing 60 mph, I was at a dead stop. The impact lifted my Jeep into the air and send it spinning about 300 degrees and into the ditch.

There was no explosion, no flames, and the gas tank wasn't even ruptured. I atribute some of this the my Draw-Tite hitch receiver. I don't know if they're making those things out of pure Dolomite but it still looked new afterwards.

Wow... really? You still drivin' the Jeep?

Members online

No members online now.