REAR DRIVESHAFT U JOINTS ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LONGJEEPOWNER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what u-joints to use on a 2010 jeep liberty sport 2wd? I have been going around and around with the local parts stores about the universal joints. They only show parts for a Dorman driveshaft but I don't think I have a Dorman driveshaft. The caps are of the same diameter 1.1063". Any help would be greatly appreciated before a catastrophic failure.

LONGJEEPOWNER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update: pulled drive shaft to see what is up and saw that the factor crimps the yoke to retain the caps on the U Joint. Measured caps to be 1.062 on all 4 front and back. Don't know about the other axis measurement because of the crimping. Don't know if the measurement between caps is correct.

LONGJEEPOWNER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was afraid of that when I say the staking on the caps! Didn't know if there was a groove in the yoke for a clip or not.
All the listings in the catalogs were for a Dorman drive shaft which this isn't.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I was afraid of that when I say the staking on the caps! Didn't know if there was a groove in the yoke for a clip or not.
All the listings in the catalogs were for a Dorman drive shaft which this isn't.
Dorman is the replacement driveshaft or one of them
not sure why they did that or Mopar just didn't want anyone touching anything on a KK

LONGJEEPOWNER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dorman is the replacement driveshaft or one of them
not sure why they did that or Mopar just didn't want anyone touching anything on a KK

I've seen the listing for the Dorman shaft but there are other good driveline shops that make good driveshafts with replaceable u-joints. I think I will try one of them first!

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like to find a local mom and pop driveline shop. They tend to be well priced and reliable and best of all local.

Latest posts

Members online