Rear Door Click

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gentleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Over the last few days I have noticed that I was hearing something when backing out of my driveway, within a few feet of going rearward I hear a click in the right rear area by the rear door, upon checking it appears that the rear door locks as soon as I start backing up but not when I just put it in reverse
the vehicle needs to be moving, I did not see anything about this feature in the owners manual, I guess this is normal, just wondering if anyone else is aware of this.

Bob

fujitsubo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gentleman said:
when backing out of my driveway, within a few feet of going rearward I hear a click in the right rear area by the rear door, upon checking it appears that the rear door locks as soon as I start backing up
Bob

The only time you will hear the back window lock engage is if all your doors is unlocked and you start to drive. (forward or reverse) If you only unlock the driver door, you won't hear the lock engage when you start to drive as the tailgate door is already locked and the jeep knows it.

rob

skeeter

Reaction score
I was wondering what the hell that noise was when I backed out of my garage! With the Ram, I used to hit the emergency release cord for the garage door with the roof of the truck but the Lib isn't that high, it sounds just the same though!