Rear diff protection

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doing10to20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I'm looking for recommendations on rear dif cover upgrades or rear dif cages. Wanted to go with the RRO but unfortunately their wait is a bit longer than I want. So I'm open to suggestions

Doing10to20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run a Crane on the 04 , has held up really well
Lookedfor the crane but they dont have it for the 8.25 anymore ,well I couldnt find it atleast ...ruffstuff seems to have a good one ,looks solid as **** andthe price isnt insane

hadtomer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
running a SOLID rear diff cover. the only pro i can think of is that it holds more oil- and it was on sale when i was in Seattle- cause i dont live in the USA. between you and me- i dont really need it, I cant remember ever backing up into a rock. if i had to buy a new one i would buy one with a drain plug.

Doing10to20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
running a SOLID rear diff cover. the only pro i can think of is that it holds more oil- and it was on sale when i was in Seattle- cause i dont live in the USA. between you and me- i dont really need it, I cant remember ever backing up into a rock. if i had to buy a new one i would buy one with a drain plug.
Yeah it's kinda over **** with thecover I went with but I trail my jeep alot and I'm usually careful with picking lines ect. But some of the hard trails out here have alot of big rocks and small boulders ,just gonna give me piece of mind ,especially now that I'm installing the locker

65Corvair

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the ARB diff cover, the overall quality is nice, but the best feature really is the drain plug for easy service.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a Riddler 8.25 cast iron diff cover. It is bulletproof. No drain though.
It's a good idea to remove the cover to inspect gears & interior magnet for shavings or particulate matter.

Trac-Loc rear differentials / limited slips, do require a 4 ounce bottle Mopar limited slip additive.
Use DINO Gear oil, not synthetics.

Get your free online build sheet, by typing in your VIN# here: https://fcacommunity.force.com/RAM/s/equipment-listing

Attachments

• On The Lift.jpg
    On The Lift.jpg
    723.5 KB · Views: 14
  • Mopar LS Additive2.jpg
    Mopar LS Additive2.jpg
    294.7 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online