Rear Bump Stop Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all!

Getting ready to drill for my rear bump stops today. I see everyone drills a hole around the center of their spring perch. Isn't the axle tube right under this? How did you bolt in the pucks? Just a little confused as to how this is supposed to work. There's a link for a How To in the lift FAQ section but it seems the link is dead :(

Thanks all!!!

Last edited:

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So when I did mine I drilled down and there is a space before the axle tube. Then I put the bolt through the pucks from the top and attached the nut underneath and held it with a wrench as i tightened the bolt from the top. Not the easiest thing to do but possible.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got it. Finally found a good picture too! Thanks for the info :)

You must be registered for see images attach

Gyro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, hockey pucks
here is a top view

Gyro

Attachments

• DSCF0072.jpg
    DSCF0072.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 112

smittyfromPA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I still had the original rear upper bump stops and installed 2 hockey pucks after a new lift. Well, the first time on the trail shredded them both and I have to install new ones. So just a tip to check the condition of the uppers as well.

smittyfrompa-albums-smittyfrompa-s-2005-renegade-picture5752-blown-stop.jpg

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I still had the original rear upper bump stops and installed 2 hockey pucks after a new lift. Well, the first time on the trail shredded them both and I have to install new ones. So just a tip to check the condition of the uppers as well.

smittyfrompa-albums-smittyfrompa-s-2005-renegade-picture5752-blown-stop.jpg

Could be because you didn't counter-sink your bolt! Although admittedly that looks like more damage than what would be caused by the bolt.

smittyfromPA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could be because you didn't counter-sink your bolt! Although admittedly that looks like more damage than what would be caused by the bolt.

Yep, I'm sure the exposed bolt did not help matters! I'll be re-installing the pucks correctly when doing the new upper bump stops. Lesson learned!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Yep, I'm sure the exposed bolt did not help matters! I'll be re-installing the pucks correctly when doing the new upper bump stops. Lesson learned!

Never have or had an issue with the bolt being on top.
I'd say they were toast to begin with ,