Rear Brake Light not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RChris173

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone...

I have been having a problem with the socket connection on my right rear brake light.

When I turn on the head/tail lights, it illuminates, but when I apply the brake, it does not get brighter.

I have figured out what the problem is and after keeping the brake pedal pressed down, I was unscrewing and screwing/turning the socket and jiggling it and eventually it came on, however, it is very delicate and does not always work.

The contacts are clean, but one of them appeared to be melted (the plastic was melted a little causing it to be further away). I bent the metal contact to make it have better contact, but it still doesn't seem to always touch correctly all the time because the brake light is very delicate still.

Any suggestions?

thx in advance :)

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replace it. By asking other members see if someone has an extra or go to the pick yard. Its that or buy a new tail light.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Do a search through forum threads and find someone who just replaced theirs with an LED model, make them an offer, then do what Porkchop said. :Caffeine:

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I have some at home but not sure till I look and won't be back to my house till after the 4th so if you want to pm me after that I'll check. Best I can do for you no guarantee though.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.