Rattle from rear glass/door

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jtalef

Reaction score
I've got an annoying rattle (is there any other kind?) coming from the latch area around my rear glass. Anyone else experienced this before? I can't seem to pinpoint the exact cause of it and I don't want to spend $$ to have the dealer try and diagnose it.

Any thoughts?

jtalef

Reaction score
Hmm...

Thanks, I saw that thread earlier and will definately try it out. My sound is more of a rattle than a creak but, could be the same thing.

jtalef

Reaction score
Still there...

Well, the white grease on the black square and latch didn't solve the problem. Has anyone every had something like this happen on their KJ?

I'm thinking something has to be tightened related to the mechanism. Does that plastic panel on the rear door pop off easily enough?

Amarony

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Squeak

I had a squeak in the rear window and had to adjust the latching mechanism. Basically remove the top portion of the trim panel on the inside of the tailgate so you can get the the latch mechanism. There are two bolts (the larger of the two that you see) that will loosen the whole latch mechanism. I had to move it back away from the Jeep so the window would not latch so close to the tailgate and it solved my squeak. Hope it helps.