Rain + Wrangler HP = slippery slidey

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RageOfFury

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was out and about during my lunch hour with my Jeep. First time driving it in the rain. Every time I left an intersection the back tires would spin and spin enabling the EPS system to kick in. Jeez these Wrangler HPs suck in the rain!:mad: Funny though, as I was out and about shopping for new tires:p

Got some prices on a set of Destination A/T and Dueler A/T Revo. The best price I got for the Firestones was 749$ installed. The best price I got for the Bridgestones was 1119$ installed. :eek: 370$ difference!!!! I really don't think the Revos are worth the extra 370$. Especially when the Destinations are ranked number 2 on tirerack while the Revos are 4th (On-/Off-Road All-Terrain category).

Any thoughts?

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those HP's were what came on mine new also. (Goodyear HP in 235/65/17) They were bad in wet, snow, and got punctures off road. A truely lousy tire. Got them off asap and went with an A/T. Any A/T will be much much better. Any of the tires you mentioned will be 10x better than the HP's.

It was tough to find a good A/T in that size at least when I was looking. I ended up with Hercules Terra Trac A/T. Simalar tread to a REVO. They have been good so far. There is more options in that size now.

Dave

Mahkis

Reaction score
Just put a set of 245/65-17 Hankook ATM RF 10 on my 06 Limited and what an improvement over stock HP's. Just got lots o rain here and no slippin'. $540 (US) out the door from the local Discount Tire.

RageOfFury

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered a set of 4 Firestone Destination A/T 235/65R17 tires this morning from a Firestone/Bridgestone retailer here in town. They will be in next Wednesday. I am getting them installed on Friday the 9th of October. Right before the long weekend(during which I will be driving around 1000Kms).:D

738$ installed (mounting, balancing, installation and taxes included).

The guy at Firestone/Bridgestone retailer told me that the Destination A/T tire is manufactured in Canada. Sweet!(biggthumpup)

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tires like the HP's should be illegal. Cant count the number of times I slid around a corner or locked it up at a red light. Useless tires and Ill probably never buy a good year tire again if they even make stuff like that. :rolleyes:

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
If I have the KJ next set, the Destination AT in 235 70 17 looks great!!!