Radiator leaking, Need input.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

first&lastKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just noticed the radiator on my wifes 02 is leaking. My question is should I replace the thermostat, upper and lower hoses as well?
Also where should I get a new radiator from, I dont like to order stuff on line?
Advance, Auto Zone, O'Riley, Napa or Dealership would be my choices.
Any advice would be appreciated.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
While you have it all out you may as well replace everything.
Inexpensive preventative maintainance.
As far as where to buy your rad?
I bought one via Rock Auto.
Napa here in Canada offered the same one for $100.00 more.
If you have the funds available, buy the real McCoy from Mopar.
Better quality overall compared to aftermarket from what I've heard.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the hoses and t-stat have never been replaced it would be a very wise idea to change at the same time.

After battling it myself I can only suggest OEM radiator,t-stat,and hoses.The aftermarket stuff is not worth it after having to do all teh work over again and again.The OEM hoses are EPDM which are the highest grade hoses also.Sure the cost is higher but so it the quality.

first&lastKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, after i get the radiator out, I guess i'll head to the dealership to check on the prices for OEM parts. Thanks Ry and tjkj2002

first&lastKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I got the new radiator installed. Was pretty easy, took my time and followed the tips from other threads.
Went with a Napa radiator (spectra brand) hope it lasts, some good and some bad reviews . It does have a lifetime warranty.
The dealership didnt even have one in stock and they said it would cost $250 or $389 because there is two different ones and they didnt know which one I needed without having the vin. numbers. I didnt want to wait so I got the Napa radiator and a few hours later it was done.

Members online

No members online now.