Quick Rusty's Suspension Lift Question....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SupermanWV

Reaction score
I tried to find this answer with the search, but didn't find anything.

My Liberty is a 2007 Sport 4x4 and I'm wondering: PEOPLE WHO HAVE THE RUSTY'S LIFT KIT....

After installing the Rusty's Coil Suspension Lift (Not Spacer Lift, but the one that is $465.00):

http://rustysoffroad.com/mm5/mercha...duct_Code=RK-250A-KJ&Category_Code=sus_kj_kit

Are there any issues of the ball joints coming into contact with the coil springs? Or does that only happen with lifts over 3 inches?

Trying to decide if this is the route I want to go.

Clark

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You may or may not,every KJ is diffefrent.Just remember that '06 and '07 KJ's will need a rear brake line extension bracket,or you'll rip the rear feed line apart when flexing.They are easy to make,just make them at least 3" long or you can get one from AllJ's(boulderbars.com) for $30.

SupermanWV

Reaction score
How are all KJ's that much different with the ball joint situation...aren't they all built from the same parts and to the same specifications. I can't believe each Liberty is that much off that parts don't fit the same on any of them. KRAZY I TELL YA!

As far as the break line extension....doesn't that not come with the lift?

What is the part number to order it if it doesn't?

Thanks for the info.

Clark

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How are all KJ's that much different with the ball joint situation...aren't they all built from the same parts and to the same specifications. I can't believe each Liberty is that much off that parts don't fit the same on any of them. KRAZY I TELL YA!

Thanks for the info.

Clark
It's wierd but some poeple has UBJ contact and some don't,most don't with the Rusty's kit though.

As far as the brake line extension it does not come with the lift since it is only for the '06 and '07 KJ's.I don't know thw part# but if you call Heather at AllJ's(boulderbars.com) and ask for the '06-'07 KJ rear brake line extension she will fix you up with one.All it is is a 2"x3" square tube,cut to about 1 1/2" -2" wide, with a hole drilled in both ends when standing the tall way(1/4" holes),then you unbolt the rear brake line from the unibody and bolt it to the bottom of the bracket and then bolt the bracket with the brakeline attached back to the unibody.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Every vehicle is like that. They may *look* like exact copies, but so do identical twins. Even though they're identical, their fingerprints do not match and one may be taller than the other. ;)

SupermanWV

Reaction score
Would the Rustys kit sag much in the front if I later install a winch bumper and winch?

Clark

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the info.

Clark
No two cars are ever the same due to tolerances and whatnot. Some people get more or less lift than others.

Consider hp figures. With my previous car, there was a HUGE discrepancy on HP/TQ figures. Some were just insanely faster than they should have been, we called them Factory Freaks. Some assembles just have everything perfectly matched in tolerance, some don't. One guy running a setup would get no engine knock, another guy (like me) would get 5*-7* of timing pulled when I shouldn't have.

Marlon's explanation is perfect.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Its been a problem since Henry started up the production line way back when, plus they still have humans doing part of the build!! They are all very close but very different

KJ04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would the Rustys kit sag much in the front if I later install a winch bumper and winch?

Clark

Rusty's front springs will start sagging without even adding a bumper, not to mention the rear shocks with the kit don't fit well and most everyone replaces them with Rancho or OME.
For just a little more money, you could go with OME H.D. springs and Rancho's and not have any future problems.

"Simon Says" this repeatedly.

Members online

No members online now.