Quick Rant: Jeep Spare

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GeneralPatton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While taking apart the jeep a little bit more last night I decided to take the cover off the spare tire and find a flat nail driven tire instead!

Who does this? Oh ill just use the spare and NEVER REPLACE IT. Because once you use a spare you never get a flat.

Ugh!

:favorites68:

/end rant

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
Sort of the same thing... My Mom bought a house from a doctor in Annapolis years ago and he took all the lightbulbs with him when he moved out. Did you get your Jeep from a doctor? Same guy maybe?

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
What is a "flat nail driven tire"? Just a flat tire with a nail in it?

As for The Case of the Missing Light Bulbs, that sounds like a job for The Hardy Boys.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My spare is part of my rotation. 5 way rotation. I do notice a plethora of Jeeps and other rear tire mounted vehicles with a either brand new tire on the rear with 60K on the ones they are using OR a messed up mangled tire that I wouldn't put on car I was going to send to the crusher.

Tog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my 1st 04 went to go work one morning had a flat go to the spare get the cover off previous owner installed a locknut and didnt provide the socket as part of the sale. Brand new tyre and a big chunk about 2 inches of rim is missing luckily it still held air

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My spare doesn't have nails in it, and still has 100% tread remaining... because it is the original. Not weatherchecked or dry rotted either. Just doesn't hold air for longer than a few hours due to a rim leak thanks to the corroding aluminum wheels.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Mine is part of the rotation.

I see a lot of KJs without spares lol.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's a bunch of butt-holes out there that abuse their vehicles and then we (those of us jeep forum members that really care about their jeeps enough to be forum members ) sometimes don't check out stuff with a fine tooth comb and then have this crap happen because of the POS that had the jeep before.........ok, another rant over.

Anyway as to my spare, I run it bare-butt-naked-nude (no cover) because it is oversized and that way I can also see it easier...lol

Dave

Cheyne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyway as to my spare, I run it bare-butt-naked-nude (no cover) because it is oversized and that way I can also see it easier...lol

My daughter wants to put a mermaid tire cover on the spare. I told her not until daddy was finished working on/driving it. :happy175:

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe the previous owner was testing the validity of Murphy's law. I've always carried a spare, and never gotten a flat. Now I gotta go find some wood to knock on (prof, feel free to run with that one....it's on a silver platter). :happy175:

GeneralPatton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sort of the same thing... My Mom bought a house from a doctor in Annapolis years ago and he took all the lightbulbs with him when he moved out. Did you get your Jeep from a doctor? Same guy maybe?

Lol I dont think so! Worship leaders daughter xD

What is a "flat nail driven tire"? Just a flat tire with a nail in it?

I tried to make it sound fancy, but yes thats all it is!

On my 1st 04 went to go work one morning had a flat go to the spare get the cover off previous owner installed a locknut and didnt provide the socket as part of the sale. Brand new tyre and a big chunk about 2 inches of rim is missing luckily it still held air

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Thankfully no locknuts here!

Mine had a nail in it when I bought it LOL!

You dont happen to have a preowned jeep from kentucky then do you?! I think thats where this one came from.

There's a bunch of butt-holes out there that abuse their vehicles and then we (those of us jeep forum members that really care about their jeeps enough to be forum members ) sometimes don't check out stuff with a fine tooth comb and then have this crap happen because of the POS that had the jeep before.........ok, another rant over.

I didn't expect so many responses! Rant away!

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
..Now I gotta go find some wood to knock on (prof, feel free to run with that one....it's on a silver platter). :happy175:
Put one hand on each side of your head, then bring them rapidly together.

Happy to oblige! :happy175:

My spare is part of my rotation...
I got my Jeep used with 42,000 miles on it. It had four pretty good tires on it and what was obviously one of the original set on there as a spare. Since I got lifted I have been trying to rationalize springing for new tires. The other day I noticed that the old "original" tire hanging on the gate now has more tread on it than the ones I'm riding on. So now I'm just kind of looking around... ;)

So convenient a thing it is to be a reasonable creature, since it enables one to find or make a reason for everything one has a mind to do.
--Ben Franklin

When I do buy tires, I'm planning on getting five and doing the rotations with all of them.

...I didn't expect so many responses! Rant away!
Next time start an oil thread - then you'll really see something. :D

Latest posts

Members online