Quick Q: Stock ride height for an '08?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Middle of the wheel ( hub area ) to bottom of the flare left front would of been 18 inches on a 08-12 KK
KJs , 02-07 were 19 inches
at 218,000 miles I would want to see service records
Plus check it over very close , have codes read at a autoparts store ( most will do it for free

HatterMT

Reaction score
Thanks Tom, that's essentially what I told him I just couldn't find the the stock height. I really appreciate the answer, were the KKs 18 all the way around?

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
They were 19 in the rear, measured the same way.

I would be really surprised if it is anything close to stock height after 218K miles. Time for OME/Bilstein.

HatterMT

Reaction score
They were 19 in the rear, measured the same way.

I would be really surprised if it is anything close to stock height after 218K miles. Time for OME/Bilstein.
I'm sure they are no where near stock, it's more my curiosity and giving my friend something to bargain with.

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw a KK today that was severely nose down, about an inch of clearance between the front tire and fender. I wonder if it happens so gradually over the years that the owner doesn’t notice. A new set of springs and shocks would bring it back to life, and the owner wouldn’t even know it was the same vehicle.

Latest posts

Members online