Questions About Off-Roading

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JeepinLove

Reaction score
Hi all.
I just bought my 2005 Jeep Liberty about a month ago and all I do anymore is watch Youtube videos about off-roading. I want to make sure my Jeep is prepared before I go on my first adventure since it's just stock right now. I won't be doing anything extreme at first, just want to make sure I can go over logs and get through deep mud. With that said, I am a college student and don't have a lot of spare change. Lol.

What should I change?

Thanks!

-Mary

Snail Farmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well that all depends on what you already have or don't have. The must haves are skid plates, some form of recovery points (tow hooks), and good all terrain/mud terrain tires. Other than that as your budget dictates, a GOOD lift (no Rocky Road or spacer lifts) will help. Off road lighting. Rock sliders are nice to have. You need to try and be prepared for whatever situation you're heading into. Know what you'll encounter, and have the necessary supplies should you run into trouble. And it's always good to go out in groups or at least have one other vehicle there so you can help each other out if needed. That should cover the "basics" :birgits_tiredcoffee

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
What he said
skids first and tow hooks
then work on the other things as money comes in
also always go with at least one other vehicle, don't go out alone
It can be a long dark walk out sometimes :hmm:

JeepinLove

Reaction score
Thanks you guys. It's nice to know what parts I actually need to go look into first!

CalcityRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Just a friendly note that a stock KJ going in deep mud and over logs will not be nice to your pocket haha, I don't go extremely on my Renegade and she is getting a new transmission, Clutch, Wheel bearing and rear upper control arm due to being off road, My best tip for you from experience is if possible bring along someone else who can help you out if crap goes sideways, I don't know how many more times my wife is willing to bring my Sierra out to the bush to get my butt out lol.

Latest posts

Members online