Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

avalanchejf9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If i went to pep boys or a store like that and get some random kc fog lights will they mount to my jeep?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Depends on where you are going to mount them? Do you know or have anything to mount them to?

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
That guy was a member on here I think. KJ looks familiar.

eyehatetofu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sure, why not. Get some lights, a drill, some screws or bolts (whatever's handy), and go to town. Make sure to post pics when done.

:D

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
I did that. If you look under your bumper you'll see two oval shaped "holes". There's one on each side, that's where you want to drill. There are measurements to find this spot exactly, it is what I used on my '04 for the same reason.

bmrrwolfe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did that with a set of Hella 500s on my bumper before my brush guard.It make the KJ look much better. Check my build thread for a pic :)
Oh check around with prices before buying. Usually ebay has name brands for good prices, Hellas KCs Procomps etc.

Last edited:

avalanchejf9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did that with a set of Hella 500s on my bumper before my brush guard.It make the KJ look much better. Check my build thread for a pic :)
Oh check around with prices before buying. Usually ebay has name brands for good prices, Hellas KCs Procomps etc.

i cant find your build thread can you guve me the link?
Thanks

bmrrwolfe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol its alright but thanks..but what is the kind that i get like off-road one or fogs or driving? I'm confused. Is this a good price for these...http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/KC-S...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

To be honest I don't know what KC normal prices are, but that is too high for me. I get the 500's cause they are cheaper, have great lighting, and seem durable since I've had a few pairs.
Last time I got mine around $50 shipped but it looks light they went up in price:
http://www.amazon.com/Hella-0057509..._1?ie=UTF8&s=automotive&qid=1279768211&sr=8-1
Check Ebay and see if maybe they have a cheaper pair? Also be sure to get new so you get your wiring switch and relay!

Stole this from somewhere but it pretty much sums everything up for ya:
"Driving lights work with your hi-beams for greater visibility at longer distances. They project a long, narrow beam of light in a variety of patterns which greatly extend your range of view. Fog lights work together with your low-beams to improve your visibility in foul weather, such as fog, rain, snow and mist. They emit a low, wide pattern of light that's designed to shine below the haze. This reduces the amount of blinding glare that occurs when you turn on your hi-beams in foggy weather."

LibertyFever

Full Access Member
Reaction score

WoW, for a second there I thought that was my Libby :confused:

I mounted mine to the front clip without drilling any holes in it;
You must be registered for see images attach

I have Hella500's on the roof basket and Hella700's above the bumper. Seriously six lamps is excessive. I can't run all of them at once without risking burning up my electrical system.

avalanchejf9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WoW, for a second there I thought that was my Libby :confused:

I mounted mine to the front clip without drilling any holes in it;
You must be registered for see images attach

I have Hella500's on the roof basket and Hella700's above the bumper. Seriously six lamps is excessive. I can't run all of them at once without risking burning up my electrical system.

hey you see how you have white covers on your? can you get them in black or like the kc ones have that nice black cage?