Question Regarding RB1 Voice Commands

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jtalef

Reaction score
Hello,

I recently installed an RB1 and have a question about the audio voice commands. It appears that the voice commands only originate on the drivers side speakers. Is this true? I tested the balance and fade and confirmed that all four speakers are working.

Anyone with an RB1 that can either confirm or deny this would be helpful.

Thanks!

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
please post only in one section..someone will get to it eventually....the other thread will be removed...

tnx..

jfortier777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have one, but I can see why that would be the situation.

I don't quite understand why you would assume it is a problem though.

It makes sense to play it through the speaker you hear the best, right?

AnthologyCT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RB1 Voice Commands

Yes,

I have an RB1, and you're correct ............ the voice commands only come from the driver's side front speaker.

Makes sense to me ............. I think.

Gentleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Originally the voice prompt was heard from all speakers and somewhere around the 3rd firmware update, the one that displayed the clock when the radio was off the voice only came from the drivers side speakers.

Bob

jtalef

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses to my question, I appreciate it! The RB1 is a really nice unit.

Oh, one more quick thing, my maps display when at 1/8 is green, I noticed a lot of pictures have it as more of a tan color, was that something that was changed in a nav disc update?

-=JoN=- sorry for the double post, it won't happen again.

AtlanticLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That depends on the area you're in. Different entities are displayed in different colors. For example, military bases show up greenish. Airports are a different color than normal land. National parks, same thing. So it's possible that you could be next to something that is represented as that color.

However if you travel down the interstate, your map should be light tan

jtalef

Reaction score
Interesting

Okay, I thought that was the case; however, when I travel down Interstate 94 a major East-West freeway here in MI the map is still green. Perhaps all of SE MI is a light green? I won't know until I take a driving trip and see if other states or counties are reflected differently.

Gentleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The colors vary by which vehicel the RB1 is in, what shows as green in the Jeep, show blue in a Ram, and this is also true of the logo screen Jeep background is green Dodge is blue, Chrysler is white.

Bob

Jeepin Al

Reaction score
The one in my 300M is drivers side only. I have one of the first ones off the line in the KJ and its stereo!

Interesting ain't it.

Al

Gentleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jeepin Al said:
The one in my 300M is drivers side only. I have one of the first ones off the line in the KJ and its stereo!

Interesting ain't it.

Al

If you haven't upgraded the firmware from the original it will be in stereo,

Bob

Jeepin Al

Reaction score
No I picked up my unit from Camp Jeep. The guy who help develop the unit sold yo me, and two guys from the design team installed it. The guy who sold to me said they were not on the market yet, and mine was only the 25th unit he sold. It's old. When I got it it didn't even have the clock on it when it was off it was a blank screen. I didn't get the clock until I got un updated disc.